• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'73 plymouth satellite

RPM

Local time
8:49 PM
Reaction score
I have the opportunity to purchase this car... a 1973 plymouth satellite 2 dr.
The car has what the current owner states a "Fast" 318 that runs real strong. He says there is lots of "new" parts done mechanically including a nice new electric fuel pump. Looks like the car has bucket seats and a console shift. The body is pretty rough looking in the pics. Has a dent in the front nose peice just above the grill... pretty good one. The guys states there is rust in the rear 1/4s, but just at the bottom. He even has a set of new Hoosier drag slicks mounted on the rear of it... not so sure why... but anyways he had a asking price of $2500. I have him down to $1200.00 May get it down to $1100.

pros and cons ? Good deal ?

Let me know.

-RPM

I'm generally of the opinion that anything that moves reasonably well under it's own power is probably worth 1000 bucks. But it depends on how much rust there really is. You need to go over it well. Look at top bottom inside, underneath. Look at the cowl, firewall, frame rails, trunk extensions, wheelhouses. IF all it really need are lower quarter patches then fine. It's a good deal.

My GF used to have an 88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe. Was relatively quick for what it was. SHE thought it was fast, and truly did NOT understand what a well tuned BB Mopar was like. Well, I let her drive my '05 Mouse GT with a stick. She thought that was much faster than her TBird (and she was right) And "I" said "and these old ones will blow this Mouse in the dirt just like it did to the TBird"

Fast is relative. Kids with 5.0's thought running 10's in the 1/8th was fast. ...till they got their *** kicked by an old Mopar.

Bottom line, if you want fast it isn't hard to swap in a 360 or even a BB if the reast of the car is solid.

Hope this rambling helped

yep thanks

here in Idaho we dont have the severe rust issues, but ya.... i will be scoping it out for rust.

Yeah... fast is a relative term....I know what fast is.... have driven a Viper GT Serpent edition car.... that was ..... FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST !!!!!

Will check it out and let ya all know..

-RPM

Auto Transport Service
Back