• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 rear bumper no good....option help needed....

bandit67

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:56 AM
Reaction score
Guys, tore into my clunker yesterday with plans to get the rear bumper ready to rechome. But I think with the rust damage it is too far gone to replace. The tab inside that holds the bumper to frame rubber seal is completely gone as well as the bottom ears that support the main bumper brackets. So, are there any decent repops available for a daily driver or do i have to obtain a better candidate for rechrome. If so, what donors can I use from, 71 thru 74s or just 73 and 74s..thanks...

Ok can use 71-4 Charger bumper. Might check and see if AMD makes it otherwise a good core/driver shouldn't be hard to find.

AMD does indeed make one for my model at about $425. All the platers I checked with now start at $500 for a replate but I due prefer original. My recent move to a small city and all the shutdowns make finding one now really tasking. thanks.....

AMD s part # for a 73 bumper is 990-2673, $430. Folks want an average of $200 for a used one needing rechrome. Cheapest rechromers are now at $500 per bumper, best i have found.

I have a 73 charger rear bumper in decent shape. PM if interested.

I do have this core. Has some small dents that chrome shop shouldn't have any problem with and no bad rust issues. Want 100.00 plus shipping.
I have it pulled already and can get more pics and a shipping quote. Can ship straight to your chrome guy. Let me know if your interested. I just had a little surgery so I might be a day or two.

20180308_094801.jpg 20180308_094819.jpg 20180308_094828.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back