• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Roadrunner front parking lights don’t work

WDB6973

Local time
3:46 PM
Reaction score
All other lights function normally. I have replaced all the bulbs and the dash light switch. Fuses are fine. Hazard lights and the turn signals are fine. The parking lights were working and just went out while driving. I have removed the wiring harness but found nothing broken and no bare wires. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hey I just bought a 1971 road runner on Friday from a private collector. Upon inspection all the parking/marker lights were not working - headlights OK but brake lights/turn signals so so. Seller had them fixed but no receipt, said it was due to faulty grounds...

Hey I just bought a 1971 road runner on Friday from a private collector. Upon inspection all the parking/marker lights were not working - headlights OK but brake lights/turn signals so so. Seller had them fixed but no receipt, said it was due to faulty grounds...

If the turn signals and the hazards both work but not the parking, that is a little odd. The 1157 bulbs have two filaments but use the same ground. When the lights are off, the turn signal filament will ground thru the other filament and the parking light circuit. This will work with the headlights off. Test the turn signals and flashers with the lights on. If they don't work or not as they should, you have a bad ground situation.

If the turn signals and the hazards both work but not the parking, that is a little odd. The 1157 bulbs have two filaments but use the same ground. When the lights are off, the turn signal filament will ground thru the other filament and the parking light circuit. This will work with the headlights off. Test the turn signals and flashers with the lights on. If they don't work or not as they should, you have a bad ground situation.
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried turning the lights on and checking again, but the hazards and turn signals still work normally but still no front parking lights. Thanks against n for your help.

Auto Transport Service
Back