• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 RR With Vinyl Top

Lt Shaffer

Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score
Hello all, back in the day I had a 73 RR 400 pistol grip 4 speed and a friend of mine had a very wicked 73 RR 340 4 speed with a vinyl top. Needless to say the New York salt ate mine and I recently found his but the current owner won't sell even though it's ate up pretty bad with rust. I would like to buy my friends old RR but the current owner is still in love with it. I can't seem to find a 73 with a 4 speed and vinyl top. Any ideas?

Interesting..... Areyou sure your friends old b-body wasnt a ssp? And not a roadrunner? I honestly have never sceen a 73-4 actual roadrunner with a vinyl top...
Ive got a 74 440 4spd.....

The 73 RR was available with a top. My dad had a new B5 with white top and interior 340 car. It had a pinstripe all around the sides. It was pretty cool stripe and i have never seen another like it. It must have been a dealer add on.

Get one without the top and toss it on. The trim pieces are all over the place and legendary makes the full width.
The tricky one is the Halo top, on that you will probably have to have it made. the seams on full vs Halo are spaced differently

Yes his was an RM car. I guess I could build one. The only problem is that I have been in love with THAT car since the early eighties, now it's rotted and not for sale. Now that I have big cash to buy it, he cant get himself to sell. I could findan exact match in perfect shape and buy it and if his came up for sale I would sell the perfect one and buy the rotted one. Sounds crazy but I have loved this car since I was 16 and now I'm 43. Crazy.

My 73 is triple black w/ white hood graphics only (changing to hardtop during resto - RR's gotta have the stripe ..... )

My 73 is triple black w/ white hood graphics only (changing to hardtop during resto - RR's gotta have the stripe ..... )

My 72 has a full vinyl top also no stripes. It is the only thing I don't like about the car.

Larry

Heres a good side picture.

Attachments

• Runner.jpg
    Runner.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 266
I had a 73 Road Runner parts car that had a half vinyl top and no stripe. It did have the Road Runner bird on quarter between the side window and back window was a 340 automatic car.

Auto Transport Service
Back