• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 charger blower motor AC which is correct?

Hijinx

Local time
9:57 PM
Reaction score
On a 74 charger se, which of the two below is correct? The one i pulled off the car resembles the first image which doesn't mention charger. Now a previous owner could of just thrown in anything, which is why i am asking. The correct one should be the second image but the flange on my old one is flat...just want to make sure whatever i get fits correctly.

2019-01-26_19-20-41.jpg
2019-01-26_19-21-11.jpg

I got a replacement from Rockauto, Four Seasons brand, which dunno if will use because got one NOS locally ( will test both checking for load it sucks and speed diferences and decide ). The BM7074 seems to be similar to the one I got. I can't find the invoice thought. If I find it will post

I just went through this. Some replacements will NOT fit because the way they are designed the shaft is too long.
Here is the one I replaced and with measurements.
Here is the one that worked. Good price too.

My shaft seems to be a little longer (lol) from where you took your measurement to the end of it measures 2 5/16's. Probably just the angle of the picture, otherwise looks the same. Thanks for the link, will buy that one and check it, can't go wrong at that price. btw, wheel on mine is plastic, was thinking of changing it over to metal, autozone seems to have a few, did you go with the original plastic one or replaced it?

I used the plastic. My wheel BARELY fit through the hole in firewall and other I had did not, so I stuck with plastic. Also plastic is a bit lighter thinking it would spin faster with less strain on the motor. Big difference, prolly not but everything helps.
Oh, and make sure you save the gasket and little metal spacers so the gasket doesn't compress when tightening.

Last edited:
I have a good used gasket. But might be able to find one on-line cheap if they're selling a motor for only $13.00.

I have $35.00 priced on my used OEM A/C blower fans. Gonna be hard to sell them if new ones are going for less than $15.00!

I have $35.00 priced on my used OEM A/C blower fans. Gonna be hard to sell them if new ones are going for less than $15.00!

pesonally I didn't like the new replacement unit. Only reason I could use the Fours Season unit I got is if spins faster &/or sucks less amperes that I can't check at this moment. If not, I'd rather will get an OEM unit allways. They are hard to beat. So thinking on right buyer, $35 for a nice one is not expensive IMHO

I have a NOS unit in hands, some surface rust easy to clean up and refinish. Will compare both on speed and load and will post. It will take a while thought

Auto Transport Service
Back