• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 Charger Is Painted

terrywalker

Local time
3:19 PM
Reaction score
My 14 year old grandson and I have been working on the 74 Rallye for awhile now. I'm teaching him to paint base/clear. He has to finish the rear quarter end caps seen in front of tire and both front and rear valances. There's some minor paint mistakes but he plans on driving it. He prefers to do the mechanical work. We have another 74 to get going and paint. He gets to do all the body and paint work on that one for me. Then he will get this blue Rallye for his work including doing well in high school and a few other goals.
Terry

20200908_152344.jpg

Thanks. He's a good young man and it surprised me he wants to work on these old Mopars. I have a 2015 Challenger R/T shaker that he shows no interest in. He makes mistakes on the cars but that's okay. Anything can be fixed. I want him to be confident. My 34 year old son and I rebuilt from top to bottom a 71 Challenger hardtop that was just a shell when we worked on it when he was in high school. He now does the work on his newer vehicles and works on the 71 when he visits. Fun.
Terry

Way to go Granddad! That's one lucky grandson, right there.

It’s great that you have common interests, you can learn from each other.

My philosophy:

94DE80B0-1855-4B0C-9F05-1BEECADEBBBB.jpeg

To teach our young folks to build something, make something, create something is an awesome thing to do. I try to inspire that in Americas future folks every day, your doing an awesome job ,
Sir.
That young man will have a fondness for old iron long after you and me have left the planet...

Auto Transport Service
Back