• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 charger pypes exhaust hanger help

Hijinx

Local time
9:12 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of how they hung their Pypes dual exhaust with the hangers they provide? or does anyone have pics of the stock hangers?

Just a note-

If your car didn't have a four barrel carb from the factory, it won't have factory hangers on both sides.

...and even if it did, some on one side may be bolt on instead of weld on, where they are welded on the other side.

self tapping screws into the floor.......quality stuff right there

i don't have a carpet in yet... so i will probably weld it. I was just wondering if i'm better off trying to find stock parts or use the Pypes parts. I do have brackets on both sides...

coat hanger would be better than pypes hangers.....or any pypes parts for that matter

Well, if anyone has a handy pic of stock hangers left/right, that would be great... :)

Here is the right mount. It is mounted to the upper shock brace you can see in the picture. The left brace is mounted to the floor pan with 4 nuts. It is a basic rubber strap screwed to a u-nut. Both are available reproduction.

IMG_1042.JPG
IMG_1043.JPG
IMG_1044.JPG
IMG_1045.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back