• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 Charger tubular upper control arms ??? Other than Firm Feel…

64fury74charger

Local time
9:01 PM
Reaction score
Why does it seem like there’s not many upgraded parts for the 73 up b body front suspension specifically upper control arm with better caster among other parts? Does anyone here have the Firm Feel uca’s on your 73 up b body with actual results from the upgrade? I am not worried so much about prices but actually gaining some noticeable improvement for the money and time spent.
I don’t have any known suspension issues at this time but figured I would consider going through the suspension and hopefully make some improvement along the way.
Or if there are other brands out there that information would be appreciated as well. Sometimes it’s hard only having one option. Thanks to everyone in advance.

Try Bergman autocraft. He's a board sponsor here :thumbsup:

Try Bergman autocraft. He's a board sponsor here :thumbsup:

Looked there and didn’t see any 73 up. Shows very little info and that makes it harder to want to purchase parts. Details are important when you are going with aftermarket parts. I am really disappointed with suspension upgrades for this car. Thank you for your suggestion and taking the time to help.:luvplace: :thankyou:

https://bergmanautocraft.com/product/bac-spc-upper-control-arms/

The description says they're available for most "A, B and E bodies as well as several others," so I'd go ahead and ask if 74 is available. I wasn't aware that the 74 upper control arms were different enough for this to be an issue. I was under the impression the 73-4 K frame just got some rubber bushings to isolate it from the subframe.

If that fails, Tom Condran's book "Performance Handling for Classic Mopars" has a trick for getting more caster out of the upper control arms by taking Moog Problem Solvers and reversing them. The Moog bushings have the internal cylinder mounted off-center, so if everything is flipped around right the UCA will be tilted back a few degrees. I did it with my UCAs but they're not installed yet. I can scan that section of the book if you need it, but I imagine Bergman's UCA's are even better.

Auto Transport Service
Back