• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 roadrunner w/66 440

Local time
2:07 PM
Reaction score
Piecing together someones abandoned project and don't know what's missing until I try to assemble something.

I'm at the carb and kickdown linkage(s), at least where they're supposed to be and I have nothing. What's the opinion on stock versus aftermarket?

Of course it's not a matching number car, so originality is out the door. Still.....piece together all of the original stuff of go Lokar?

I always prefer stock but if the intake and or carb isn't stock you would be better off using the set-up from Bouchillon.
https://www.bouchillonperformance.com/home.
That set-up is so well thought out and flat out works! Lokar is a cheap substitute.
Ron

If you had the factory parts, I'd say use them..Since you don't, aftermarket would be the easier route as it can sometimes be tough to find the factory setup you need. Lots of guys are happy with both bouchillion and Lokar, I'm personally not a fan of Bouchillion's big ugly brackets..They both work fine when properly installed and adjusted, but the Lokar is a much cleaner install..

Bouchillion
013.jpg

Lokar
20170130_221022.jpg

Thanks for the response guys. I ordered the Bouchillon kits and am in the middle of the installation now.

Auto Transport Service
Back