• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'74 SE Charger Brakes are sticking....

WheelsOfTerror

Local time
1:01 PM
Reaction score
Hi Guys!

I have a Wilwood system installed, and I've been adjusting the plunger back and back, but it keeps sticking in the cylindar (not initially but after it warms up it is fairly consistent). I can dislodge it easily while driving by pulling the pedal up with my foot and it rolls free.

I think my pedal is too sloppy- I want to rebuild the pedal with bushings n such- but not sure if there's a kit available. I could not find one....

Also I was thinking of maybe rigging some kind of a return spring. What's the right way to proceed here?

Super common. I'm on booster #3 and hoping I'm done. They seem to get hot and not return. 8" dual booster? When returned to cold they function ok again. I conjured up an original single booster. If this one gets sticky I'm switching to that. I kept the last warranty booster and might take it apart to understand better when time permits.

aw, man really? I am on my second booster and my second Wilwood cylindar- Wilwood sent me another one after I returned the first under warranty; because the first one was also sticking. Yeah it's an 8" booster. So you're saying the booster is the problem? And maybe I should find an original factory booster? Dang I wish I had known- I've seen a few in the junkyards I could have tried. Thanks for the input

Yeah, sorry. Mine came from Leeds but clearly the same design / manufacturer. First two started ok and got worse over time. Currently expecting #3 to do the same. Pretty disappointing that the manufacturer just chugs along apparently thinking everything is grand.

Auto Transport Service
Back