• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

74 stoplight switch bracket on brake pedal

WheelsOfTerror

Local time
7:19 PM
Reaction score
would anyone with a 73/74 B body mind snapping a pic of their brake light switch bracket? My pedal is missing the switch and the bracket it is attached to that allows adjustment.

I'll need to either source one (haven't found one yet and I'm open to suggestions) or fabricate one.

I have put in a Wilwood power brake setup; from what I have seen the switch setup varies depending on if you have power brakes or not but if anyone knows any different I'd welcome the advice

There are a bunch on EBay but not for a 73. (search mopar stop lamp switch bracket)
The part number you need is 3488490.
I will get out to my car today to snap you a picture. My switch is for speed control but the bracket is the same.

There are a bunch on EBay but not for a 73. (search mopar stop lamp switch bracket)
The part number you need is 3488490.
I will get out to my car today to snap you a picture. My switch is for speed control but the bracket is the same.
Best I could get at mine

20220701_185703.jpg

20220701_185612.jpg

20220701_185607.jpg

the one pictured is for cruise control car, diff from standard switch and I THINK the PM catalog shows a diff PN also for the bracket. Maybe just due the diff diameter of the switch going through the hole ? dunno. On my car when reassemnlying ( and adding the cruise control ) I will just use same standard bracket to install the Cruise Control Stop light switch and modifying if needed anyway.

The bracket is exactly the same with or without speed control, the switch is different.
It is same one in both pictures.

Bracket.JPG

The bracket is exactly the same with or without speed control, the switch is different.
It is same one in both pictures.

View attachment 1308635
Great! Thanks. Yes I'm aware about the switch difference ( I got mine to get installed the CC ) but dunno why I thought bracket could get a slight changed. Something like a diff hole size for the switch, which is hard to notice on pics for sure. Long time since I checked my PM thought.

Last edited:
Follow-up question for y'all- My wire diagram indicates the factory wires going to the stoplight switch are supposed to be orange and white; two of the three wires dangling from behind the dash that could have made the stretch on the original switch are joined together and also have the end connector for the switch - but they are pink and white. I'd prefer not to stick wires together willy nilly under there if anyone can help clear it up. I see above that ODZ King has two blue wires- must be more recent work.

I did run the pink and white wires to the switch to no result. Thoughts?

Hot wire coming from fuse box is pink... batt power, so is constant.
Wire running to steering column switch is white. Hot just after give brakes. Then splices into the steering column switch becoming into dark green and brown to feed lights on back ( one each side ).

Blue wires on ODZ's car are for the cruise control sensor deactivating the CC when giving brakes. It gets the prongs for the pink and white wires on a side, just not visible on the pics he loaded up. Blue wires are part of the assembly. The non CC brake pedal switch is diff with just the two prongs for the brake lights function.

Yo can jump out pink and white wires ( bypassing the switch ) and should give you brakes. If you don't get brakes you get either a fuse fail, or steering column turning switch fail, or white wire running to turning switch fail. I had this last once, with broken wire at the terminal om undercolumn turning switch plug.

Last edited:
I assembled mine from what was in the trunk when I purchased the car. However I needed good parts as the stalk, and the servo were bad and the stop switch and carb parts were missing.
Apparently (my guess) the PO couldn't or didn't want to bother fixing it so put it back to standard (no cruise).
See if some of these pics help. And Nacho can confirm what goes where.
100_6706.JPG
Cruise Brkt 03.JPG
WP_20141011_047.jpg
WP_20141011_050.jpg
WP_20141125_001.jpg
WP_20150114_006.jpg
WP_20150114_011.jpg
WP_20150114_014.jpg

Mmmm that's not the correct servo bracket for 73/74. Servo should be on top of inner fender, just right over the positive batt wire channel, just at the non CC washer reservoir location... ( hence why the washer reservoir changes )

Yes, that is a pic I took of a 73 C body when I was looking for servo. Here is the correct bracket:
73-74BbodyCenter.jpg
WP_20141229_006.jpg

Hot wire coming from fuse box is pink... batt power, so is constant.
Wire running to steering column switch is white. Hot just after give brakes. Then splices into the steering column switch becoming into dark green and brown to feed lights on back ( one each side ).

Blue wires on ODZ's car are for the cruise control sensor deactivating the CC when giving brakes. It gets the prongs for the pink and white wires on a side, just not visible on the pics he loaded up. Blue wires are part of the assembly. The non CC brake pedal switch is diff with just the two prongs for the brake lights function.

Yo can jump out pink and white wires ( bypassing the switch ) and should give you brakes. If you don't get brakes you get either a fuse fail, or steering column turning switch fail, or white wire running to turning switch fail. I had this last once, with broken wire at the terminal om undercolumn turning switch plug.
This should be fairly simple then. I've got to pull the wheel anyway. If I can get it going I'll let you know; I am relieved I was at least connecting the correct wires. I wonder why the wire diagrams I have found don't have the pink or white wires to the switch? Good thing I have my pal Nacho to lay it out for me.

Do you still need a switch bracket? I got this, very similar to the ones pictured above.

20220726_143957.jpg

20220726_144006.jpg

20220726_143941.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back