• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

75-79 To BUY or NOT...have a few ???

Moparitis

Local time
9:44 AM
Reaction score
As I know parts are hard to come across for certain items.
Had several Bs in 80s-90s..
So getting back into old iron,possibly.
Looking at a 2 door hopefully and going from THERE.
Mopar Parts advisor 20+ years been sidelined for appox 10 years.. It should fit my poor disabled retirement in Phoenix car.
Rant..
Now parts question
Can you still get NEW windshield for Charger,Doba,Mag? NOS IGuess,but from PPg or safelite/glass shop.
New to AZ looking for salvage yards that still have 70s Mopars within metro Phoenix or 100 miles or so if its primo stash..i get they are 40+ Year old cars and most yards today scrapped old iron.
Had 82 Ttop Mirada and couldn't find glass anywhere so sold it not looking for any more orphans..and not going invest time in something I can't see out of..

glass is going to be the easiest of parts for that gen of b bodies.
just make sure you buy the best Body you can.

for example,i can go buy a 79 magnum for 600 bucks but the body is roached because its out here in the east,or a bb cordoba for 1500..same issues.

agree

in the past 10 years finding glass has almost become a non-issue.

finding a shop that will order it for you with their regular shipment is perhaps another story.

Sorry, guys...
Does that mean NEW glass is NOT available?
Not taking a windshield out of another beater been THERE shattered that... Its an option sure,but want NEW..

BeaterRus that would be great for me body cherry interiors cooked here in AZ.. So buy a clapped loaded floor shift cherry interiors 75-78 and swap out guts..

So, ANY glass person here that can list NAGS# for 75-78 B 2 door..

I found a new windshield for my 75 Road Runner a few years ago at our local glass company. Make a few calls and maybe you will get lucky.

Thanks that must mean they are stll produced..

Cause had NAGS# for the J body No luck finding seen some floating around been tryingvto find who is making,PPG and others have the pattern they could crank out 1 or many...
Got tired trying so sold the Ttop J and that is #1 major stumbling block in weather to buy the B body.... Otherwise give up on old iron and get some late 80s Fwd turbo cars that glass is available..

Sorry, guys...
Does that mean NEW glass is NOT available?
Not taking a windshield out of another beater been THERE shattered that... Its an option sure,but want NEW..
That's not really a reason to give up on the year / model of preference. I mean I've cracked one pulling it but I've also got a real nice used one in my stash that I pulled later. These days most yards insist on pulling them, probably because of insurance noise, but let them do it and buy it if they get it out in one piece.

Cause had NAGS# for the J body No luck finding seen some floating around been tryingvto find who is making,PPG and others have the pattern they could crank out 1 or many...
Got tired trying so sold the Ttop J and that is #1 major stumbling block in weather to buy the B body.... Otherwise give up on old iron and get some late 80s Fwd turbo cars that glass is available..
are you a member of the M body forum?
82ttop?
this all seems familar...

I found a brand new windshield for my 67 wagon (not the same as 2D) on ebay for "only" $200.

So I know it's being made.

Shipping was $450!

hence my statement about a local shop having it shipped with their regular order

So it seems familiar...
Thats the point, dont want a turd can't get parts for...
That's why the TTop hit the road..
Thanks everyone but untill I get a nags# & confirmation..in holding pattern..

Well I know putting this here and internet is foolish but here goes..
Looked at a 76 fury sport today..
318 8.25 looks to be mostly original,like this exhaust on a 44 years old car?.. Anyway opinions..
Non runner says carb issues,drivers window track fubar,AC inop, vinyl top trashed, looks like all there except RR wheel moulding..2 tags but stripper weird.. looks like minor issues to get back rolling but definitely needs resto,plus that bondo on qtr is suspicious..dust lots of it missing interior pieces,but am I being overly picky for a 44 year old Plymouth sitting in desert,to die.. Or NOT?
Tags expired mar '19 so been driven at some point recently..
Owner was at work had senior mom with and 110° so it was a quickie...40 miles from home each way...should have invested more time...

20190822_151907.jpg 20190822_152320_HDR.jpg 20190822_152251.jpg 20190822_152236.jpg 20190822_152225.jpg 20190822_152228.jpg 20190822_151753_HDR.jpg 20190822_152425_HDR.jpg

I'd jump all over that one its straight and interior can be replaced I have a guy in New York will make seat covers and parts can be found if you keep looking

Auto Transport Service
Back