• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

75 cornet header question

jwc

Local time
2:50 PM
Reaction score
are there any headers available for a 75 cornet with a 400 big block? if so could you help me out. thanks

I used Headman Eletes (sp? ) in my '79 Magnum. OE started needed some hammer, a swap to the mini needed lots-o-hammer. Otherwise, love'em.

+1 on the "Any B-Body big block headers," but I'd stick with 1973 and up.

We put a NOS pair of Blackjacks on my '74 Satellite wagon. They needed tons of hammer-work. Of course, we were running the newer style starter (like for a Diplomat cop car) and I wanted to keep the column-shift. So I sorta did it to myself.

Any 74 or newer bb header. On the column shifter all that takes is to cut a section out of the piece that goes to the frame 1/2" wider than the header. Cut two pieces of 1/8 X 1 1/2" flat stock 3" long. Weld the flat stock to each of the two pieces of the linkage you cut the piece out of. Weld them so when the two pieces are on the car they point straight down. Now take the piece you cut out of the linkage and weld it to the other end of your flat stock. You have made like a -l_l- in your linkage and if the welds are good you'll never have a problem with it. And your headers are not beat to the point of useless. I started doing that in 1965.

Auto Transport Service
Back