75 cornet header question

1975 - 1979 Mopars

1. jwc

jwc New Member

Local Time:
    2:50 AM
    are there any headers available for a 75 cornet with a 400 big block? if so could you help me out. thanks

2. 69 Runner

69 Runner ADMIN wif a corner office (Deceased - RIP)

Local Time:
    Should be the same as any BB/BB 2 door.

3. rumblefish360

rumblefish360 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    I used Headman Eletes (sp? ) in my '79 Magnum. OE started needed some hammer, a swap to the mini needed lots-o-hammer. Otherwise, love'em.

4. Andrrrew

Andrrrew Active Member

Local Time:
    3:50 AM
    +1 on the "Any B-Body big block headers," but I'd stick with 1973 and up.

We put a NOS pair of Blackjacks on my '74 Satellite wagon. They needed tons of hammer-work. Of course, we were running the newer style starter (like for a Diplomat cop car) and I wanted to keep the column-shift. So I sorta did it to myself.

5. Patrick

Patrick Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Any 74 or newer bb header. On the column shifter all that takes is to cut a section out of the piece that goes to the frame 1/2" wider than the header. Cut two pieces of 1/8 X 1 1/2" flat stock 3" long. Weld the flat stock to each of the two pieces of the linkage you cut the piece out of. Weld them so when the two pieces are on the car they point straight down. Now take the piece you cut out of the linkage and weld it to the other end of your flat stock. You have made like a -l_l- in your linkage and if the welds are good you'll never have a problem with it. And your headers are not beat to the point of useless. I started doing that in 1965.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.