• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

75 rr

snakeyes

Local time
4:04 AM
Reaction score
ok who is the 1975 road runner guru around here need info ,was a 440 ava., and was the 4spd still ava.:eusa_think:

The biggest engine you could get from the factory in a 75RR was a 400. I don't know for sure, but I don't think they offered a 4spd in these cars.

The last year for a 440 4 speed in a B Body was 72.After 72 they were all autos.You could get the four speed still with the 340,360,and 400.

A 75 RR with a 440 and 4-speed sounds like a great car though.. Unless your of the original Period correct crowd, You could make one bad ride! MHO..

400/727 is going to be it for the 75. of course any 71-74 440/4 speed is a bolt in with the 4 speed hump.

hi guys at this time I would like to thank all of you that have taken the time to chime in on this subject, I never really thought much of the 75 RR , when my 74 was totaled I looked at them and that was as far as it went it looked like a boat. It wasn`t untill in another post ,that was by loveformuscle that I started to think about one another one year only, at one time I had read a article about the 75 RR and they had heard a few where made in 440- with 4spd,and that is what got me to ask that ? I wouldn`t mind finding a nice black or blue one to put in the barn for my yougest son to work on it was ajust a thought, thanks again to all of you :eusa_think::headbang::headbang:

hi guys at this time I would like to thank all of you that have taken the time to chime in on this subject, I never really thought much of the 75 RR , when my 74 was totaled I looked at them and that was as far as it went it looked like a boat. It wasn`t untill in another post ,that was by loveformuscle that I started to think about one another one year only, at one time I had read a article about the 75 RR and they had heard a few where made in 440- with 4spd,and that is what got me to ask that ? I wouldn`t mind finding a nice black or blue one to put in the barn for my yougest son to work on it was ajust a thought, thanks again to all of you :eusa_think::headbang::headbang:

Before this ends, i found this today.. Link below is the whole story on RR's, whats been quoted is from the 75 section and found it interesting how its worded, and wonder, if so, how much may one be worth if someone found one. Of course you wonder if this "rumored" is true or not.. interesting. Ok, im done but wanted you see this, hope it helps in some way, i learned something anyway..

"The Road Runner came with a blacked out grille and a special stripe treatment to distinguish it from the Fury. As before the 318 was the standard engine, but it was now just with a single exhaust. The 360 (220 hp) and the now largest engine was the 400 (though still with a four barrel and dual exhausts, the horsepower was down to 230) were also available. In Car and Driver magazine testing of a 1975 car with the 400 engine; 0-60 happened in 8.1 seconds and quarter-mile times were solidly in the 16-second range. While just a shadow of the 1970 figures, this performance was at least respectable for the times. Plymouth's most powerful engine, the 440, was restricted to police models, though it has been rumored that a few were built (via special factory order) with the 240 hp (180 kW) police spec 440, and the police spec suspension and wider rims. 7,183 Road Runners were built in 1975"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plymouth_Road_Runner

thanks,I`ve seen that one ,but there was another that I had seen that started me to think about a 75 ,at one time I wanted something bad so I put a few adds out looking with a reward if found and purchased ,and with proof of it being the real deal,about a year later got a call . It might be worth it to look for one , yes I no what you mean ,but a blk with blk top sun roof ,big block 4spd might be fun oh cant foreget a set of torque thrust:eusa_think:

Auto Transport Service
Back