• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

75 Valiant

RJB

Local time
1:13 PM
Reaction score
I need some help, I have a friend building a 440/727 to put in a 1975 Valiant, what does he need a for oil pan, motor mounts, trans cross member, and so on to make this complete, were also on a budget like always, any help would make would really help, thanks.

Others may have a better idea and chime in here but from what I have read over on FABO, I beleive a 187 oil pan, mounts from Shoumacher(sp?), The trans xmember should not have to change... depending on what engine was previously/originally in the Valiant will dictate what motor mounts you'll need to get. one of the more expensive part of the swap may me headers as there is not a lot of room, many will recomend TTI as the best fitting.

There are also other considerations like what rear is currently in the Valiant and if changing out the rear, the length of the driveshaft is affected... Abody 8.75's are not cheap and the 7.25 & 8.25 are not cosidered adequate behind a bigblock. There are cheaper alternatives like 9" Ferd rears but many will consider that blasphemy! lol

Hope this helps as a usefull starting point, I'm sure many other will chime in.

Oh! There is a section over at FABO dedicated to Big Blocks in Abodies

Cheers

Its a slant 6 car now so i would assume he would need a v8 k member is that correct, also he just have to go manifolds as headers may be to much $.

thanks for the help, i sent him over to the A-bodies only forums, they have alot of stuff on there for him, but thanks.

Auto Transport Service
Back