• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'76 Charger Daytona

mopardug

Local time
6:02 AM
Reaction score
How popular are these? This has a 400 4BBL, and seems to be relatively loaded: cruise, tilt, PW, dual mirrors, 8-track, clock, AC, rear sway bar, fender turn signals, and of course, PS, PB. The windshield leaks at the top, and she has some rot and bondo. I forgot to take any pictures.

Dodge Cordoba. My buddy bought one new and loaded. It was cool, but a tank. Not worth much, unless it has T-Tops.

Corinthian Leather? Sounds like it could be a nice daily driver.

Not very popular but the bennifit is there very inexpensive due to it not being popular.
Parts are easy to get. The car has a few weird things the earlier B body cars do not have. ISO suspension and longer T bars. Otherwise, all the old tricks still work in them.

Sheet metal is hard to come by and even more so in things like tail lights.

They do make an interesting car at shows and meets as well as the race tracks. It is something different for sure!

Got any pics?

I see your from Central Ky whereabouts? Im from the Corbin area now living in frankfort.

I forgot to take any pics today in the sun. I'll be back over there on Thursday, so I'll try my luck again. I'm in Lawrenceburg.

She turns over. Took the starter out, and want to replace the plugs before trying to start her up. Hopefully that will be this week.

Your not alone. Cordoba owners typically post on the web site. I too own a 75 blue Cordoba, white top, bucket seats with a 400-4 sur-grip 9.25 rear-end. Not many on the road these days. Good luck with the restoration.

Back in the day, these were unpopular since everybody preferred the Cordoba. That's why they killed it after a couple of years for the sportier Magnum. Having had a few of these through the years, I like them for what they are. Have a go at it, the way you like it. I'd like to see these late b-bodies gain in popularity.

Córdoba and Magnum were both killed at the end of '79. Last year for B bodies. F, M, J's took over from there.

Cordoba name plate stayed on and the Magnum name plate was dropped. Mirada took the Magnums place for a 2 door sport.

Here's a few pics

20170202_111726.jpg 20170202_111702.jpg 20170202_111641.jpg 20170202_111522.jpg

As much as I like the late b bodies, I never was a fan of 2 tone paint , so that just killed it for me. Did Foose work for Chrysler back then ? LOL.

I like the 2 tone paint. Especially in blue. To each his own though. You got a good fixer upper there. When I bought my Dobie back in '97 everybody asked what the hell I was gonna do with it. Now I have a real eye catcher at the shows and a shocker at the track when she runs a 13.30 pass. Do it your way buddy. Bruce

Good looking car. Best I can remember the front nose looks like it came off a Cordoba. The perimeter holes is the give away. The chargers used a thinner outer chrome piece. But noting a little fiberglass filler wont fix

Two tone blue and I had a brown and beige '79 Cordoba that was a sweet ride.

Thanks for the love. I had a regular '76 back in the day, and I thought that this front end looked funny. Due to finances and priorities, it looks like I'm going to need to sell her. Am I out of touch with reality by asking $3200 if she drives?

IMO, the car looks complete but messy and half a wreck to someone who can not see past the initial opening of the door and it's dirt. Clean it up righteously and come back with those photos as well as the fit and Hindi areas. This way, an honest opinion can be given.

The biggest problem with these cars even if there really nice is (1) there years. Factory fresh engines were D.O.A.
Styling. Not the best looking cars. Line up 50 free cars from the muscle years and add that one in. It'll almost always be last to be given away.

Then there's replacement/resto parts. Or actually, the hugely lack of. If it needs work, that person will be turned off by the lack of support for the car. Unlike a more popular model.

The worth of the car is what someone is willing to pay for it.

I like the 2 tone paint.

IIRC there were at least three different variations.

They are neat cars for Mopar working with what they had.

One of my friends in HS had a 77 Daytona in 2 tone red.

Very similar to yours but 360 and red tuff wheel.

I always liked that car.

Nice to find a big block. Great road cars. Will do everything the 74 and earlier B body cars can do. Any engine/tranny combo works.Some had the big 9 1/4 rears and sure grip to boot. I like 'um !

Auto Transport Service
Back