• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

76 Daytona

RWG75

Local time
6:04 AM
Reaction score
The question here is what would ya pay for one if ya were looking for one? For a couple years I've been wanting to sell one of mine to recover some garage space and some other lame reasons. My post in the body panel thread has me less than interested at the moment.

Anyway, lets play the game.
76 built 12/75. 360-2, 904 floor, 2.45 rear. Documented 2nd owner, actual mileage 120k. I've had it since 98 and have copy of previous title. Very original condition but paint turning to dust. Very nimble for the gear and always thought 1st owner had done something done under the hood. Maybe cam?

How much and / or how much with the NOS metal it doesn't exactly need but could use? First few pics as bought, last few from about 3 yrs ago. Lives in garage. Detailed maint records and runs like a top.

Glam.jpg Jrint.jpg engine.JPG SAM_0289.JPG SAM_0290.JPG SAM_0302.JPG SAM_0292.JPG SAM_0300.JPG

FYI, I had a very nice RUST FREE 79 300 (Cordoba) with a new $900 TTI exhaust. All new body bushings,steering parts$300, Fresh Thermoquad $475,upgraded non-leanburn ignition $200,New wheels and tires $1200. Plus more stuff I can't remember.About 80K on the clock.Needed nothing.Had it for sale for $6K, about 1/2 of what I had in it.Was able to get $3200 after 2 years trying.Now that's just my take on it.
These cars don't get much love at all. Wish I never sold it. Good luck with your sale.

About 80K on the clock.Needed nothing.Had it for sale for $6K, about 1/2 of what I had in it.

I've had it posted for exactly what I have in it: $6500. Put 60k on it myself.

These cars don't get much love at all. Wish I never sold it.

I'll tell ya what, exactly every person that I've ever met that says "I used to own one" follows it up with "I loved that car, wish I still had it".

Good luck with your sale.

To be honest, I like option B. Minimal body work as seen in pics. Clear coat preservation to maintain the patina. Only original once, capture it where it is and build the other garages already. When I finally spin up my long stalled 76 CD I'll wish I had this one.

1.jpg 40.jpg 2.jpg 6.jpg

Strictly just my opinion and not looking to incite,lol! I like the car and could live with the color. I am a huge fan of all original and lower mileage(as witness to my '77 Cordoba)and rust free. That would be a huge issue for ME, I am not looking to replace metal and repaint. The one positive in my book is it is a Daytona but no t-tops or anything else to get me excited. With the rust issues alone and not even discussing anything else I would not consider it....but if that were a non issue I think the best I would do is $3-4k depending on the rest of the car. I wish this era would get more love and money,lol, but it may never happen. Time will tell. Good luck with it on what ever you decide.

There's a 77 Cordoba in town for $1200 obo org 400 car 120k on it needs 1/4's has about $1000 worth of new parts on it ! I thought about it but I think there ugly it's a driver he's been trying to sell for over a year now !

Fair point on the body work and it's only gonna get worse. I have a full nos tail but it doesn't need that much. I know a guy that could patch this with my used tail but then you're painting it. I think the value ads are the options as many had less sporty ones - especially tuff wheel. Paid almost $3k 20 yrs ago, some appreciation would be nice.

Better as a pair? The remetaled, repainted one is an original 76 Daytona 360-2, 904 floor, wire wheels. Run hard, put away wet in 1986, scooped it up around that time. Rebuilt suspension, 360-4, 727 from late 80s MP catalog, 9 1/4 disk rear from 75 Imperial. Found tuff wheel so it matches except for the cop rims.

I think of it as 'Jekyll and Hyde' Daytonas and weirdly the build date of one of them is April 1st. Would loose money on the pair, have double the regret, but keep together?

IMG_2208.jpg
I wasn't trying to be a Debbie Downer either,I think they are great cars.I should say "Road Cars"super cruisers. Turn on the A/C hit cruise control and some tunes.The rumble of the 360HP and the highway,that's where these cars shine! In my case anyway.

I wasn't trying to be a Debbie Downer either
It is what it is and that's pretty much what it's always been - ya can't give em away. I've seen a lot of really nice stuff in the $5k-$9k range sit on Craigs for a year or two before changing hands.

I think they are great cars.I should say "Road Cars"super cruisers. Turn on the A/C hit cruise control and some tunes.The rumble of the 360HP and the highway,that's where these cars shine! In my case anyway.

Very true but in this case it's whisper quiet - still has the cat and stock style muffler and even the resonator. 70 mph feels more like 40 mph.

Yesterday I had some old guy knock on my door and ask if the 75 was for sale. Conversation didn't last much past how I wouldn't let it go for anything less than I had in it. As I hadn't taken if for a tear lately, tried to talk him to a ride - 440 TQ, 3.21 SG.

Says he might come back on a warmer day. It is what it is.

View attachment 716837 I wasn't trying to be a Debbie Downer either,I think they are great cars.I should say "Road Cars"super cruisers. Turn on the A/C hit cruise control and some tunes.The rumble of the 360HP and the highway,that's where these cars shine! In my case anyway.

Nail on the proverbial head right there!

I love the Cordobas. I have a 78
I also have a 69 Cuda 70 Dart 340 74 360 Duster I love driving the doba as much as the other cars.

In 1975 My brother and I worked at a Dodge Dealership. I thought the 75 body style was the worst looking thing Mopar ever thought of. Well my brother bought one and it became the family road car as our Dad was driving a rusty old Dart and we wanted him to have a better car. Many trips from Pa to Va,N.Carolina,S.Carolina,Georgia,Florida.I also drove it to Denver Colorado a few times. Great cruiser,I grew to love the thing.

And those things will corner quite well, also.
Dad bought a 75 doba new-360, leather buckets but...it was a demo so he got a good deal...but it was yellow/white. I got a lot of razzing when I drove it. As opposed to the Challenger he traded in. Everyone wanted to race.
RWG75 that is a purdy Daytona. Whoever buys it will get a nice car at a decent price.

There probably the cheapest MoPar to get into period. They super rarely sell for what there worth. Or should be worth. They also make
For excellent low level drag cars unless you start in with them on a serious level. Things that differ from the earlier B bodies are easy to get around but are a extra cost above an already expensive endeavor.

ISO suspension, T-bars for racing are a big zero, etc...

I always thought a BB version would make a great sleeper.

As long as it is NOT stock! Look into power output of the smog era mills. Pitiful!

I had a ‘78-400/4bbl./727/3.55’s. Crappy performers but the basic haul *** parts are there.

I get some astoundingly high offers when I drive mine. This body style must be gaining in desirability with all of the other stuff long gone into super-rich oligarch price ranges

OP-

are the pics in the first post the car you are considering selling?

Did you buy that from an Ohio guy named Kevin?

That is a ringer for a car my friend owned in that late 80's to mid 90's.

I’d sell this one if anyone is interested 78 with 78k miles everything works

D1E59779-A5EB-41B8-A1E7-50E47AE3FFD9.png 9D22D297-94CB-4EF9-A700-5EF09F404463.png

I've had a number of 76-77 charger SEs and dobas myself. I used the entire suspension off one 77 and slid it under my 74 charger. i parted out most of them because I couldn't give them away. in fact I know a guy who at last count had 13 complete and mostly running dobas and chargers in a yard. he wasn't asking more than 1500 for any of them. most of them are still there. I like the 77's the best of the late B's , but not enough to sink any real money into.

It wasn't long ago nobody wanted that body style. The lean burn would get glitchy or a torsion bar would break and the owner would often not bother fixing it. I have had several good ones given to me over the years. I've only seen two types: Mint low mileage garage kept estate cars, or beat to death old clapped out junk with everything missing/not working and massive rust issues.

Auto Transport Service
Back