• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

78 Charger SE. Let's see and discuss them

Fm3 Dart

Local time
2:37 PM
Reaction score
Last year of the Charger SE's. Overshadowed by the new 78 Magnum XE. Very low production.
As far as I can tell, it was mostly the same as a 77.
Let's see some.

Last edited:
as far as I know , they were a direct carry over from 77. ive never seen any differences. I think production was around 3800.

What else is different besides the change from the 75-76 taillights?

Last edited:
78-Charger-beach.jpg

Mopar and THEIR late 70s airbrushed model pics..
I have this awesome book(4 sale)
On cars of the 70s,the 77/78 2 door Monaco pic looks to be same car from different angle..
Lots of great pics..

20161127_210618.jpg

2800 made with 2735 sold in the US. The only thing that's different between the 78 and 77 is the 6th digit in the VIN! Contrary to popular belief they were not just late 77's that didn't get pushed out in time. Mine was built March 31, 1978 (more than halfway through the production year) and is a very oddly optioned car. Power windows but no right door mirror, Trunk dress up, but a vinyl interior. Other standard features that were not optioned up like every other 75-78 Charger SE that I’ve seen: base line hubcaps, 2 speed wipers, no lower body chrome trim, I didn’t even know that cloth headliner was available like this one had. But all this makes perfect sense when you discover that this was originally a Hertz rental car. It also has a 4bbl 318.
78 charger d.JPG
Aug27157.JPG
78 charger k.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back