• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

78' cordoba caliper bolt size

ChryslerKid

Local time
11:26 PM
Reaction score
Any body know the correct length of the caliper bolts for a stock 78 cordoba. I can grab the back of the caliper and wiggle it. Not stripped out it tightens up maybe just too long? Not sure if these are stock.

15938093375282034307810827855075.jpg

The caliper bracket bolts are 2 1/16” from the captured washer to the tip. The original ones have a captured washer on them.

So they are original , i even tried buying grade 8 bolts of the same size with a washer. The thread in the knuckle is good. It tightens up nice. Why can i wiggle the caliper that just doesnt seem right to me..

So your saying you can wiggle the Caliper bracket? If the calipers are the slider type the tabs need to be bent to keep the calipers from rattling.

I was looking that i can just pull em off and bend em a hair? What a crazy design. I miss my 4 wheel drums.

Yea just bend the tabs to make them a snug fit there’s no chance of them falling off either way but they will rattle if the tabs are not bent to hold them snug.

Just tightened them. Ive been driving around for a year with an annoying rattling sound because of that?.... You just made my day.

Auto Transport Service
Back