• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'79 Cordoba tranny swap from 727 to A833

ybshore

Local time
2:03 AM
Reaction score
As the car has the center console/gauge cluster -'300' pkg. in 360ci 2bbl no elb Cordoba- and there is a very inexpensive 4 speed available to me, I was wondering if anyone had done this swap with the last true 'b' body?

Ma mopar put three on the tree (3 speed MT's with column shift) in these cars (on '75 and later Fury's at least). I looked at a '77 sport fury with a 225 super six and a 3 spd mt. There should be clutch parts, frame brackets etc. for these cars that may fit yours. But, to answer your question I have not done a swap. The reason I posted is you should not have to fab everything. Hope this helps and someone else can give more info.

I just purchased a 79 300 with Ttops out of Texes and was woundering if any body had production numbers for These cars with Ttops? Yes that 4 speed conversion would be interesting and doable.

You'll need as late as possible B body 4spd pedals and hardware. It is do-able.

I think the "inexpensive 4 speed" is only a small part of what will be needed. From the shifter, boot, new clutch, flywheel, bellhousing, pedal set up, ect. will be a money pit. Just to gauge the cost, kits are available to convert auto to 4 speed for around $5000 with the 833. Minus the 833 and its still $3000 in smaller parts. But if you have access to mostly used stuff the price will drop. I would recommend getting the 833 rebuilt before installing.

I know you didn't ask anything I wrote but I wanted you to be prepared on your project. Funny thing is my buddy and I were talking last night about our 4 speeds in our mopars. We would love to have automatics instead of the 4 speed. My cuda is 4 speed, my Cordoba is auto. The Cordoba is a much nicer car to drive and enjoy.

Look closely at the engine. 360's aren't drilled for a manual transmission normally, so the front shaftof the Manual trans won't fit all the way in. Some people grind the end off, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Any progress on this project? I'm looking to do the same with my '77.

Auto Transport Service
Back