• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7t500's 70 500 Charger

7t500

Local time
7:59 PM
Reaction score
I figured I would finally start a thread here for my '70 Charger. I bought it out of an old warehouse in the neighboring city and drug it home. The PO had already started tearing it down to restore but a roof replacement and ill-timed storm ruined that plan and left him needing to sell. I had my pick of probably 30 different cars ranging from 1910's-1980's but the Charger spoke to me and I had to save it, much to my uncles' chagrin... It was a basket case and I started chipping away at it as I could.

Now I am getting closer to paint and plan on having it ready to drive on my wedding day in September. I still have a long way to go but am excited to get there finally. So far it has been 6.5 years and I have had to do a lot to get her here (floors, 1 frame rail, full quarters, all rear bracing, valence, dutchman, rockers, subframe connectors, torque boxes, torsion bar crossmember, and repair pretty much everywhere else).

Nice! Some of your pics look just like mine. 5 years for me so far.. We really need more pics and details, like motor, trans and color choice. Chargers Rule!

I knew I'd have some questions to answer. The engine is the original 383, which has been bored .040 over, completely resealed, new bearings, new pistons, healthy cam, head worked over with 3 degree valve job, new springs/retainers, oldschool torker intake and a holley 750. The trans is also the numbers 727 which will be upgraded to handle the engine. The image below should be a video if you click on it.

Colors are going to be A4 silver, black interior, black tail stripe and most likely black v21. She is getting disc brakes all around. I don't have a fender tag or buildsheet so I am taking some liberties to make it mine.

Looks great Ted. It makes me tired just thinking about how much work you have done on the car.

More filler, more sanding, then more sanding, then more sanding....

Great job! Keep it coming. That will be a great car.

Thanks! I finished initial blocking on the drivers side and have been working on the trunk and tail panel. I will hopefully finish the back of the car and move on to the passenger side.

I think you're ahead of me since you've done your motor, a/c, etc.. Impressive upholstery work you did also. Just one question tho, Is this a prehistoric shark tooth? lol..
DSCN4990_zpsd6d62857.jpg
images.jpg

More of the same...

Ps quarter almost done.

Ps door adjusted and fender attached and adjusted.

And my uncle found this guy.

I got the bottom of the car silver! I used UPOL's Raptor Liner to give it a very nice durable finish. The liner is tintable to whatever you desire. I was nervous at first but as it has flashed and continues to sure, the color has gotten more accurate.

I also built some wheels to get her off the rotisserie and to get ready to roll to the paint shop.

I decided the bumper gap was too much for me and cut almost 1/2" out of the brackets.

I rolled my Charger outside to blow her off really well and the proceeded to shoot some more primer on her. I had to touch up some areas with epoxy where I had broken through and then shot the high build. I have to admit, I am very happy with how straight she is and can't wait to start blocking her to see what all is left before paint.

So far so good! Looks really great! keep up the good work! :)

Have a question for you, how many litters of UPOL's Raptor Liner did you use for the underneath? I'm planning to buy some for my bird.

Auto Transport Service
Back