• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 8 3/4 4.10 Detroit Locker complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Gaines

Local time
3:23 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
8 3/4 4.10 Posi (Detroit Locker) still in car. Will pull out for prospective buyer. Best to pick up at my house when I take it out of car. I am going to 4.56 Spool is reason for selling.
$750.00 Perfect condition and $600-$700 cheaper than new. Detroit Locker Posi Unit itself is almost $500 new at Summit plus $1200 from Mancini for rear end. Rear end is currently in my 1966 Coronet Pro-Street.

Attachments

• Dodge at Famoso.jpg
    Dodge at Famoso.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,101
I have a 4.56 spool. Want to trade?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry let me add just looking to swap out center section. I have a 1968 Superbee.

I have a 4.56 spool. Want to trade?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry let me add just looking to swap out center section. I have a 1968 Superbee.

I got your response....let me think about it. I know my 4.10 is in perfect condition...what kind of comfort can you give me about the condition of your 4.56 spool.....plus....is it in a 942 case ? mine is. Let me know.

You mean 742?

Hi will the rear unit fit in to 69 coronet.I just bought 69 coronet with a 6 cyl motor looking to convert it to a v8

Just a word of advice, you don't want a Detroit Locker for street use. It's nasty to drive, wants to steer the car when under power, and wears the inside tire on a corner. I had one in a 427 Ford when I was a kid, and had I had the presence of mind (and the room) to keep the car, the Detroit would have been gone.

8 3/4 4.10 Posi (Detroit Locker) still in car. Will pull out for prospective buyer. Best to pick up at my house when I take it out of car. I am going to 4.56 Spool is reason for selling.
$750.00 Perfect condition and $600-$700 cheaper than new. Detroit Locker Posi Unit itself is almost $500 new at Summit plus $1200 from Mancini for rear end. Rear end is currently in my 1966 Coronet Pro-Street.

Just the "pig" is not for sale by itself anymore. I am selling my entire rear end. It is a "narrowed" rear end and springs perches moved inboard to allow 11.50 slicks on my 66 Coronet.
For Sale:
4.10 8 3/4 Detroit Locker center section as part of complete rear end. Axles are Moser. Sale does NOT include the brakes as I will be using them.
$1500.00 for narrowed housing, 8 3/4 Detroit Locker 4.10 center section and Moser Axles.
Drop it right into your B Body and put on those 11.50 slicks.
Note: You would have to install the inboard spring kit.
PM me for complete info.
Reason for selling: I am installing a complete DANA rear end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back