• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 8 3/4 A body housing w/axels 5x4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimDog

Local time
6:39 AM
Reaction score
Looking for an A body housing 52 5/8 flange to flange. With Axels lug pattern 5x4.5. Anyone?

All A-body axles came with the 4" bolt pattern. the 4 1/2" pattern means aftermarket axles were installed.

All A-body axles came with the 4" bolt pattern. the 4 1/2" pattern means aftermarket axles were installed.

Thanks for that info. I may go ahead and shorten my existing housing and buy aftermarket axels. Do you have a good source to purchase aftermarket axels?

Abody after 72 If I remember correct switched to the 5 x 4.5 That Scamp I had was a large bolt pattern car. But it did have an 8.25 Maybe they didnt do this with the 8.75

Thanks for that info. I may go ahead and shorten my existing housing and buy aftermarket axels. Do you have a good source to purchase aftermarket axels?
Strange axles in Chicago & there's another commonly used company I can't remember...Moser?

I purchased Yukon Axles for the roadrunner.. Had to cut them down and taper the axle pretty easy with a chop saw and a cutting wheel.

Have a Dana 60 that's 'A' body width....and 'Okra'homa isn't all that far away from here.

Think in 1973 A bodies went to the larger lug pattern. Those 8.75 must be hens teeth.

Last edited:
Abody after 72 If I remember correct switched to the 5 x 4.5 That Scamp I had was a large bolt pattern car. But it did have an 8.25 Maybe they didnt do this with the 8.75
The A-body line was still small bolt pattern as late as early 1976 if they were 4 wheel drum brake equipped. In 1973, all models with optional front discs were upgraded to the 4 1/2" bolt pattern.

Got an 8 3/4 here in southern Iowa. No axles just the housing.

20150716_174109.jpg

The A-body line was still small bolt pattern as late as early 1976 if they were 4 wheel drum brake equipped. In 1973, all models with optional front discs were upgraded to the 4 1/2" bolt pattern.
Yup mine was a front disc car. :)

I appreciate all of the input guys. I think I'm going to shorten my housing and buy new axels from Dr. Diff. $300 for a set of new axels is the best deal I think. I have 2 housings that measure 56 1/2 flange to flange so I need to take out about 2" on each side. I already purchased a SureGrip unit from Dr. Diff a while back.

Unless anyone else has a better suggestion I think this is my best route.

You can choose either green bearings or the old school type. Read about them and make your own decision.

Last edited:
Make sure you buy green bearings and press them onto the axle.

Link I posted earlier shows the axel set from Dr. Diff with the green wheel seal bearings included and already installed. Makes this an even better deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back