• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

8-3/4" cone suregrip question

rakort

Local time
2:02 AM
Reaction score
So I have a cone type suregrip. Everything is in really good shape so I am going to assemble it and run it “as is”. Regarding the plates that hold the springs and provide some of the outward force on the cones. There are tabs on one end of each of these plates. They can be assembled either way around the cross pin. See the picture. I have oriented these plates such that you can see the tabs through the housing opening. I’ve noticed on other pictures it is the opposite. Can these plates go either way….does it matter?
2017-03-30 11.02.33.jpg

Ask Cranky!!

Also, I have looked at my junk carrier again and I can't see how it would make any difference on the orientation.

tabs go to the inside of the case --open up the case and you will see a relief in the casting for the tabs on the plates ,,opposite the open window where the tabs are now -- i believe the relief keeps the spring plates from rotating/moving side to side

i see this a lot -- build it right -- don't backyard it.

Auto Transport Service
Back