• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

8-3/4 sure-grip parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryplydog

Local time
9:41 AM
Reaction score
does someone out there have any decent used pinion gears, side gears, and pinion shafts for clutch type carrier. I just disassembled an old one I had forever and going to rebuild and they are badly rust pitted. help please. thank you fbbo, and happy new year everyone.:headbang:

How bad are they pitted? Pics? When I was doing rear end work, I kept the 'junky' looking stuff for myself and would bead blast them clean and use em and never had a problem. Even the ring and pinion gears ran gears ran quiet. One time I found a rear that had been sitting for so long that the upper part of the ring rusted pretty bad but the part that was sitting in oil was still fine and I expected it to go 'wah wah wah' but it didn't....ran it for years that way.

I agree with Cranky! I just got a dana 60 sure grip from him and it had some rust, so I blasted it at my grandpa's on Xmas, other than replacing the clutch pack and bearings, it'll work just fine.

cranky and 5.7, thanks for the info. I was going to run these parts and I did have them blasted. if I cant find any better stuff used I 'll just use what I have. the new ones for 380.00 are very tempting though. plus free shipping!

Have you got this going yet?

I have the complete rear end. Was working ok when removed, a couple of months ago. Replaced with a Dana. It is a 8/34 456.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back