• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND 8.75 3:23 Ring and Pinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

khryslerkid

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:31 PM
Reaction score
Looking for a NEW 3:23 ring and pinion (10 spline) for the 742 case. (Pre 1969)

I'm not interested in a used set. I know who has new sets. I'm just asking if someone might have a New set that they have decided not to use and would be willing to sell.

fishing.gif

Dr diff sells Motive brand @ around 189 and Dana Spicer brand @ around 289.

Motive are now made in South Korea, if I’m not mistaken. (Previously made in Italy)
$100 higher than Dr Diffs. Maybe because it's NOS?

Why not consider a whole 742 with original gears that someone removed. Might pick up a non- SG cheap?

Why not consider a whole 742 with original gears that someone removed. Might pick up a non- SG cheap?

That's what I did in the beginning. Seller didn't disclose the dozen ring gear teeth that were rusted. They cleaned up but were still pitted slightly. Well I can hear that section every time they come around. Also the pinion creates a harmonic sound through the car at a certain speed. Probably pitted bearing and races.

Anyway I'm not going used. Getting them set right back to where they were originally seated can be a hit or miss. I should have rebuilt this unit before I installed it. Thanks Fran

That's to bad rusted gears. I added a SG to my 60k 3.23 742 no problem.

Update:

Ordered a set from Dr. Diff. Spent the extra for the Nitro gear. $65 more than the Motive. He stated that they are the only two outfits making 3:23 ratio. He also stated the Nitro will be easier to set up than the Motive. Motive has a rougher finish to them and are harder to read the pattern.

Thanks for your replies :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back