• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$8 MoPar tool at Harbor Freight

Hemicbx

Local time
8:59 AM
Reaction score
OK, we all know that harbor freight is handy, but you gotta be aware of what you're buying. I found a safe bet there a few weeks ago.

727TF's are kind of a pain to move around and store in the shop. I found this handy little furniture cart at my local store on sale for $8. Heck, you can't even buy casters to make one for that

The space between the carpeted end rails is a perfect fit for a 727 trans pan

BAM! There you go. Special trans cart with wheels

Cool I need to get one for my extra 727 in the garage

I've got a few covered in grease and oil. When I pulled mine out a few weeks ago I slid one under the trans and dropped it. It made removal super easy just pushed it with my hand right out the side. I've also used them to push around engines and rears.

Were getting a new H.F. store in Quincy due to open in a couple weeks! I've been wanting to buy a winch and a couple aluminum jacks but never liked the shipping cost, CHING CHANG WING WONG, here I come!

I don't think we have HarBor Freight around SoCal - but that sure looks like a handy little tranny creeper......

A Harbor Freight opened here in Greer, SC a month or so ago. It's always busy. I think you need to be careful what you buy there but they have a LOT of stuff. Every time I go there I find something that I can use.

I have been using them for years - they come in various sizes and work well for engine blocks, assembled 8 3/4/ Dana's and any other piece of Mopar furniture you have!!!

Gary

I don't think we have HarBor Freight around SoCal - but that sure looks like a handy little tranny creeper......

There are a couple just not in South County. I go to the one in Orange and i think there is one in Anaheim.

2431.jpg

GetX'd

Go to harborfreight.com and use their store locater. There are about 20 in the greater LA area..

Jeff

Use the coupons from the various magazines and they just about give you the stuff. Sprayed the cuda with one of the $9.99 purple guns.

039.jpg

With a slight mod (about a foot of 1x firring strip) they work well for an 833.

I've got about 2 dozen of those, and it's very true buying the casters separately costs more.

More than half of mine were bought just for the casters.

About a year ago, they changed the design (added locknuts) and now you have to disassemble them to get the casters off.

At one time I was using them as car dollies. OK in the back, bad idea in the front.

Attachments

• IMG_20151212_151620.jpg
    IMG_20151212_151620.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 529
I used those to move my car around while putting it back together, worked great! Even tried using them with the car completely together, could move the car a little but was hard to do, haha.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 563
Got several myself, and i am super careful about I buy there.

I like to stand my transmissions up because it takes less room. Just lay a square piece of plywood on them and nose the trans up. It also helps keep dirt daubers out of the bell housing area. I don't buy much from China Freight but that's one item I will buy.

Yep, got one back in 2012 when I was doing my tear down. I think I got mine on sale for 5.99, and it was a great help to have it.
IMAG0416.jpg

I bought a large and smaller one that I used to roll around k-member engine trans combo around. Put k-member and engine across big one and used small one under read of trans. Love em

OK, not by me, but this Belvedere was shot in '99 with a HF gun and still looks great!

Auto Transport Service
Back