• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

99 again so far. Clocked 100 yesterday.....

Breeze?

What's that?
There's not much of one this morning....but there's usually a breeze around here. It usually picks up around about this time of day though and it is. Being close to the coast does have it's benefits at times.

100 again and has been for most of June. Hit it about 1pm and it's just now 99 at 5pm. Beer fridge seems to be having a hard time since it runs constantly at these temps......

The humidity this morning at 8am is 82% and 82degrees. I'm pretty much at sea level and only about 9 miles from Galveston Bay and that's where the breeze usually comes from.
A breeze similar to when you open the oven door?
:lol:

Been HOT and dry here, kinda unusual. My lawn is parched. We need rain.

Been HOT and dry here, kinda unusual. My lawn is parched. We need rain.
Same here....Houston has asked the residents to conserve water but Pasadena hasn't said anything that I'm aware of. Our water comes from Houston so Pasadena will probably say something soon. Haven't heard anything about our lake water supply being low yet.

Lawn? What is this "lawn" of which you speak?

I have a big *** yard and it's getting crunchy

Garage Rear 2022-06-26 10.26.56.266 AM.jpg

I've got a big *** yard too, but it's in desert Arizona. What isn't rocks is dirt, lol.
I don't think there's a single lawn in the neighborhood.

I've got a big *** yard too, but it's in desert Arizona. What isn't rocks is dirt, lol.
I don't think there's a single lawn in the neighborhood.
Around here, if you don't have a lawn, you have a field of weeds. Weeds will grow with very little water but there will be many different varieties and look like crap and some are tough to mow. We usually get a good amount of rain but not so much this year and if you let the grass die, weeds will take over and bad when the rain does come again.

108° today. Typical summer day here. Took the '68 (a/c? What's that?) for dog food and donuts this morning about 0900 while it was still only 98°..

Yesterday when I went to Bakersfield then came home, there was a 45* difference between the west end of the valley/east county and just north of Cayucos. 106* compared to 61*.
Show off!:D

Around here, if you don't have a lawn, you have a field of weeds. Weeds will grow with very little water but there will be many different varieties and look like crap and some are tough to mow. We usually get a good amount of rain but not so much this year and if you let the grass die, weeds will take over and bad when the rain does come again.

Free lake water for the sprinkler system is a beautiful thing.

FB7BA246-653C-4836-98D4-A48474DAE402.jpeg

Sort of lucky the weather cooled off the last few days. A/C went out at the beginning of the month, and still waiting for the new unit.

I've always had a sprinkler system, the difference now is, someone else mows the lawn. Every night at midnight it comes on and the monthly fee pays for lawn mowing, landscaping, water too water the lawn, snow removal and maintenance on the sprinkler system itself. Temperature yesterday was 87 and today will be 81. We had a thunderstorm Saturday night.

Free lake water for the sprinkler system is a beautiful thing.

View attachment 1304798

Sort of lucky the weather cooled off the last few days. A/C went out at the beginning of the month, and still waiting for the new unit.
Can only imagine what your property taxes are like with lake front property. Around here if you have just a hint of seeing water in the middle of winter, our taxes go through the roof!

I've always had a sprinkler system, the difference now is, someone else mows the lawn. Every night at midnight it comes on and the monthly fee pays for lawn mowing, landscaping, water too water the lawn, snow removal and maintenance on the sprinkler system itself. Temperature yesterday was 87 and today will be 81. We had a thunderstorm Saturday night.
Must be nice lol Once upon a time I had the resources to pay for that stuff....oh the joys of getting a divorce in your twilight years but the up side is that she's gone finally lol

We’re having a “cold” front this week in Texas!
:rofl: :drinks:

View attachment 1304813
We're supposed to get some high 80's for the high this week. It'll feel like a cold from after being 100! The majority of the days during June have been above the average temps with only a couple of days hitting it and just one day being below it but June isn't over with yet lol. Sure would be nice to see some mid 60's for a low around here though....

Yesterday was 95 but "only" 65-75% humidity.

Felt MUCH cooler than day before when it was 93 and 95% before the rain that took the moisture out of the air.

Today is already 94 and 97%.

Yikes.

Auto Transport Service
Back