• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A, B or C?

A, B or C?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it would look awesome if it was painted the same as the rest of the car, no vinyl top.

that will eventually be the end goal when the entire car gets painted, but it's going to be a good few years yet...

I like & voted C, a touch of class especially if temporary...

but;
for a more factory/authentic style maybe A,
it's not as nice IMO thou...

so lemme ask y'all a question...

how would you remove the glue residue from the roof??

DA & 100 grit? aircraft remover and a plastic scraper??

obviously it will be covered back up with the new top, but i need to get it fairly smooth so the top will sit flat.

also, should I seal the metal somehow??

is it me, or does it look like the Newport used to have a landau top in a former life?? lol

DSC06821.JPG
DSC06837.JPG

Yeah. I'm really looking forward to the final result with the top on it.

so lemme ask y'all a question...

how would you remove the glue residue from the roof??

DA & 100 grit? aircraft remover and a plastic scraper??

obviously it will be covered back up with the new top, but i need to get it fairly smooth so the top will sit flat.

also, should I seal the metal somehow??

is it me, or does it look like the Newport used to have a landau top in a former life?? lol

View attachment 355862 View attachment 355864
DA and, at the very least, primer sealer.

There are solvents that will dissolve the glue but the ones I've used were kinda slow at it. You might try calling a automotive paint supply house. I bet someone that's been around awhile can tell ya. My pick for paint would be epoxy primer then a sealer on top of that. Again, a paint supply should be able to help with that too.

mineral turpentine is your answer. slow but works soak it on with a rag & keep doing it for a couple of hours should soften and rub off with the soaked rag

i like 'a'. what's closest to oem?
how about stopping by riggs on st. charlie. they may allow you to pick their minds

This would get some attention lol.

pic4.png

If you're going to change it out to different to factory....why not go with a Mod-Top look. :thumbsup:
I was just thinking that too...
after seeing that hounds tooth pattern

Auto Transport Service
Back