• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A/C Equipped 318 Crank Pulley?

493 Mike

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:52 PM
Reaction score
My 65 318 has factory A/C and the drive pulley for the compressor is rubber mounted. The sheave is cast iron and vulcanized to the main pulley body. The rubber is quite deteriorated so I would like to replace the pulley. In the faint chance these are available new, where should I look OR can this be repaired/revulcanized? Any Ideas? Thanks!
Mike
IMG_1891.JPG
IMG_1890.JPG
IMG_1893.JPG

Mike, I sent a stock BB Chevy harmonic balancer to the Damper Dudes in California, with
excellent luck, several years ago. I don't know about there product today.. but I would give them a call. They advertise in Hemmings Motor News, in the "Services Offered" section for their number, or maybe one of the California members here on the board, has/can get their number for you. Good Luck! Dodge33

Mike, I sent a stock BB Chevy harmonic balancer to the Damper Dudes in California, with
excellent luck, several years ago. I don't know about there product today.. but I would give them a call. They advertise in Hemmings Motor News, in the "Services Offered" section for their number, or maybe one of the California members here on the board, has/can get their number for you. Good Luck! Dodge33
Thanks for the info! They have them listed but, it's too early to call right now.
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back