• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A/C for my 63

Darter6

Local time
3:57 AM
Reaction score
So I kicked around the Idea that my 63 Belvedere needs A/C. 1970 318/904 drive train.
So after searching the web and asking questions from many companies.
I only got one to e-mail me back.Vintage Air.
Many I sent several e-mails and nothing but crickets.....
Vintage Air actually conversed with several e-mails and answered every question I had.
Currently I ordered everything thru Speedway Motors (per Vintage Air's request) and it is on back order, shipped direct from vendor.
I am supposed to see it in September. We will see.

Can you list a detailed shopping list? I am in the market to put A/C on my 62 Plymouth and no one makes a specific kit.

I added Vintage Air to my 1964 Dodge Polara. I posted a lot of pictures and commentary on the '62-'65 B-body Forum. I looked it up tonight, and it is 13 pages in. I can go back through my invoices and list all the stuff I bought, if you are interested. Have a look at my posts and see if that is the way you want to go.

Has anyone added A/C to a '62-'65 B-Body, with a Gen II Hemi ? Future consideration...

I went with Vintage Air under dash Heat and A/C Speedway Motors # 7255002 Universal kit.
It has the 60's look floor mount that I like and will go with the theme of the car.
Because of using the LA 318 it does not come with the compressor bracket.
Ordered the bracket from Bouchillon Performance #4725.
I will have to swap out the radiator because I have a non A/C rad from a 75 Cordoba and the upper hose is on the passenger side.
A/C cars it's on the driver side. When all said and done I'll have about $1700 to $1800 invested.
Dave6T4, Your posts is what got me started. Now maybe I'll drive it more.Won't have the excuse it's too hot or cold out.

Has anyone added A/C to a '62-'65 B-Body, with a Gen II Hemi ? Future consideration...
I would say it's not any harder then any other engine. Many companies have compressor brackets for the Gen II.
Bouchillon Hemi # BPE 4710CH or BPE 4715. Hoses from compressor to condenser and compressor to firewall. Cut to length.

I did forget to say Pulleys for crank and waterpump are factory small block. Mine came from a Cordoba.
Not supplied with kit.

I added Vintage Air to my 1964 Dodge Polara. I posted a lot of pictures and commentary on the '62-'65 B-body Forum. I looked it up tonight, and it is 13 pages in. I can go back through my invoices and list all the stuff I bought, if you are interested. Have a look at my posts and see if that is the way you want to go.
Do you have a link to your post. I'd love to read through it.

Do you have a link to your post. I'd love to read through it.
I am a lot better at building Mopars than navigating computers. I have no idea how to create a link. As I said, it is on the '62-'65 site, on about the 13th. page.

So my Vintage Air kit came in about a week ago.I must apologize for the crappy photos.
But this is it. Total cost from Speedway Motors including Nevada sales tax is $1023.05
Got the engine turned face to match my homemade dash gauge cluster.Large assortment of fittings to make up the hoses.
My buddy has a crimping tool I can borrow to make up the hoses.Both A/C and heater.
Again sorry for the crappy photos.Camera man (Me) didn't know what he was doing:mad:

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

I almost have the install done. Have been out of commission due to having another hip replacement.
This makes it tough to crawl under the dash and such.Only have been able to work on it a couple hours a month.
When done I'll take some (better) photos and report on how well it works.

Auto Transport Service
Back