• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

a/c heater control switch advise

1968340S

Local time
4:21 PM
Reaction score
My 1966 Satellite control switch is broken. Part #2587564. I have seen other switches with
different part #. They still have the 5 button and the 5 electrical plugs. Can these different
switches work as replacement for my specific year. Most of the others are from 1968 and up.
Part # 3431020 or 3895033 but Classic has one #3895790 for 1965-74 A B E bodies?

The picture is the same part as mine just with chrome buttons that don't fit my dash. They are
straight and my black buttons have just a slight down angel. This switch also has a vacuum harness and it is also damaged.

IMG_3613.JPG IMG_3614.JPG

take it from my experience, no. i used the later switch in my 67 gtx. result was an ac compressor that would only disengage the clutch in the heat position. it was engaged even in off. see where your original switch has the twin terminal ( u shape terminal ) that doesn't exist on the replacement. on the replacement they are seperate terminals and i tried switching the lead from one to the other it made no difference. i found a good used switch on ebay , it solved the problem.
there has been a guy ebay ,on and off selling a nos switch but he was asking 300 plus.

take it from my experience, no. i used the later switch in my 67 gtx. result was an ac compressor that would only disengage the clutch in the heat position. it was engaged even in off. see where your original switch has the twin terminal ( u shape terminal ) that doesn't exist on the replacement. on the replacement they are seperate terminals and i tried switching the lead from one to the other it made no difference. i found a good used switch on ebay , it solved the problem.
there has been a guy ebay ,on and off selling a nos switch but he was asking 300 plus.

Kinda what I thought. There had to be some difference. Wasn't sure, but each model is for specific years even though they look the same.

Thanks for your reply. This particular model is expensive and very hard to locate....not like the others.

Auto Transport Service
Back