• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A/C heater core?

Johnny Mac

FBBO Vendor
FBBO Sponsor
Local time
9:58 AM
Reaction score
My 78, 2 door monaco, has an AC heater box. I have found the AC heater core is hard to come by, and I imagine re-core ing mine is more money than I would see appropriate.

Anyone know of a source for a heater core?
Or a universal, or similar one I can fudge in there?

I have a 75 RR non AC heater box also from a parts car...But it's shaped COMPLETELY different than my AC car...so I don't think that's an option.

Classic auto air had one for my 67. Slightly different design, but fit and working perfectly.

The last heater core I had recored cost me $60.00.
Mike

Going to be easier to have it re-cored. A couple of years ago I started looking for one....tried all the big auto stores in my area....Advance, Auto Zone, Pep Boys, Napa.....nothing. The guy at Napa went as far as to call the supplier who went on to call the manufacturer......they said they may not make anymore. Also tried Rock Auto, nothing. They have a service where it notifies you when a part is restocked.....I'm still waiting. Had a friend check with his contact at a Chrysler dealership......I wound up purchasing the LAST NOS AC heater core in the Chrysler system for my '77 Doba, came from a dealer in Nebraska.

Ordered one for a 73 charger with A/C. Very similar. Core is identical. Pipe position and size also identical. The tin surround is slightly different. Nothing that can't easily be modified. Thanks, and hope this helps someone in the future.

Ordered one for a 73 charger with A/C. Very similar. Core is identical. Pipe position and size also identical. The tin surround is slightly different. Nothing that can't easily be modified. Thanks, and hope this helps someone in the future.
Where did you get it from? Good quality?

Where did you get it from? Good quality?
Got it at oreilleys. Best price I could find. $70 maybe?
I did have to trim some plastic internally in the heater box, but you cant see anything from the outside. I made it work. Saved $150 and I'm happy with it.

Auto Transport Service
Back