• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A/C water valve, capillary tube connection.

'68 Charger

Local time
8:48 PM
Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm installing my A/C water valve to the firewall (1968 B Body). I need re-connect the capillary tube to the back of the water valve.

Questions:
Pic 1. What is this screw (red arrow) used for?
Pic 2. Do I bend these tabs (yellow arrows) over to secure the tube housing? If so, outwards or inwards?

thanks

20220424_181121.jpg 20220424_181322.jpg

You replaced the seal with the NAPA kit? The small screw sets the tiny bit of travel for the capillary system. The tabs are delicate, they bend outwards. If they don't break that is.

You replaced the seal with the NAPA kit? The small screw sets the tiny bit of travel for the capillary system. The tabs are delicate, they bend outwards. If they don't break that is.

No I did not, wasn't aware of the NAPA kit. thanks

As for the screw, do you set it and if so what are the adjustments to look for? Because once the AC box is in place there's no getting to that screw easily.

Thanks for your reply!

Also while we are on this subject how sealed is sealed if i close the valve on mine there is a slight weep of air when i blow through the valve. is this enough or does it need to be fully air tight

Sounds like a bad seal. After I rebuilt mine, it will not pass air.

Sounds like a bad seal. After I rebuilt mine, it will not pass air.
Thanks i just purchased a kit and pulled my tap apart but trying to work out how the inner tube rubber goes in and which way it sits as i think mine is missing does the inner rod stay in place or do you remove it?

Auto Transport Service
Back