• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A couple of Paint Questions

Coyote with a roadrunner

Local time
3:38 PM
Reaction score
I just want to check out a couple of details regarding paint. I think the hood hinges and springs are body color. Is this correct? The windshield wiper motor appears to be black. Is this correct? Thanks!

I just want to check out a couple of details regarding paint. I think the hood hinges and springs are body color. Is this correct? The windshield wiper motor appears to be black. Is this correct? Thanks!

As far as i've seen, yes to both...wiper motor is flat black/hammered black finish, kinda like the unsilenced air cleaner. If i'm wrong, i'm sure one of the restoration gurus will prove as such!! :grin:

Hinge and springs are body color. Depending on the year, the wiper motor is different "colors". They were NEVER painted black unless it's a 2 speed motor. The 3 speed (or "variable" speeds) weren't painted at all. They were part "natural", and part "CAD 2"

This is a pic of an original 69 superbird.

Hinges painted.

Wiper motor is.... Au naturale'!!

IMG_1886.jpg

Hinge and springs are body color. Depending on the year, the wiper motor is different "colors". They were NEVER painted black unless it's a 2 speed motor. The 3 speed (or "variable" speeds) weren't painted at all. They were part "natural", and part "CAD 2"

Yup!! mine's a two-speed! oops!! :grin:

Auto Transport Service
Back