• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A drawback of being Nordic.

SteveSS

Local time
11:33 AM
Reaction score
At 65 I'm getting what's called the Viking Hand Disease. The problem was traced back to Sweden, Norway, and Finland. My ring finger is getting stuck in the grip position. Soon it will draw inward. I heard it came from genetically being altered by Vikings rowing with oars their whole lives but that sounds like just a story. Any other Vikings out there have this yet?

Not a viking, but sure sounds like tendinitis.
The inner tendon gets stuck in the outer sheath. I had that when I was on a jack hammer 30 yrs ago. All 4 inner fingers would be stuck in the morning.

A Nordic told me that’s the drawback from jerking off… Other men. Stop that.
1654119776696.gif

Dupuytren's Contracture​

weiking disease (phonetic spelling)​

also those they interbred with​

I was told I have the start of Dupuytren's over ten years ago. They wanted to cut on it and I put it off because it didn't bother me too much except when holding a bowling ball.
I also had to twirl jeweler's screwdrivers every day at work. That tended to aggravate it.
Since then circumstances have caused me to stop bowling and I have also retired.
Dang if the lumps have vastly improved.

At 65 I'm getting what's called the Viking Hand Disease. The problem was traced back to Sweden, Norway, and Finland. My ring finger is getting stuck in the grip position. Soon it will draw inward. I heard it came from genetically being altered by Vikings rowing with oars their whole lives but that sounds like just a story. Any other Vikings out there have this yet?

It's a real thing.

I'm 59.

My fingers sometimes lock up in interesting positions.

Have for many years.

When I had my DNA done a few years ago, there was a small percentage

of Irish, ( I understand that the Vikings left a bunch of their DNA in

Ireland ) The rest of me comes from Norway, Denmark and Sweden.

The Vikings got around pretty good. They say just about anyone from Europe has some Viking DNA.

My family is from the Holland we immigrated in the 1500s. The bloodlines stayed pretty pure as my son did one of the DNA tests. I don't have that issue with that finger.
But I do have one with a middle finger that pops up on occasion for certain circumstances

Last edited:
I believe it's also called trigger finger.

Auto Transport Service
Back