• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A few Mopars at the LAPD museum

dodge41969

Local time
10:52 AM
Reaction score
Here's a few pictures of some restored ex LAPD Mopars at the LAPD Museum here in Los Angeles. These car were restored a few years ago....the only problem is their sitting outside until they decide to build a structure to keep them out of the elements, until then the cars will start to get beat up from the hot California sun...bummer!. DSC09353.JPGDSC09354.JPGDSC09355.JPGDSC09358.JPGDSC09359.JPGDSC09360.JPGDSC09361.JPGDSC09362.JPG

the town I grew up in had the St. Regis and then the Diplomats...I loved those cars!
CASanCarlosPD1981DodgeStRegis-vi_zps34c420b1.gif

diplomat_zpsbbf135ce.gif

Thanks for sharing!! I know up here in the Seattle area they have a few Mopars at the Police museum such as a '78 WSP Fury and '89 Grand Fury and these two beautiful rigs that you see here...SPD.jpgKCSO.jpg

If you are at all interested, you can go here to see some of their collection: http://seametropolicemuseum.org/cars.html

some decent old cop cars, I've never been a big 4 dr fan thou... I like seeing them in photos, allot better than in my rearview mirror...

Adam-12 was filmed here locally....a lot of North Hollywood footage that you can still identify today, (that's where I work).
If you look up episode 100 titled "Who Won?", from 1972, you can see my friends '69 Road Runner street racing a few times...he was the original owner, and kept it until he died 5 years ago....it was too much of a burden for his wife to take care of, so she sold it.

Yeah - they need a '68 or '69 Belvedere in that fleet, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Adam-12 was filmed here locally....a lot of North Hollywood footage that you can still identify today, (that's where I work).
If you look up episode 100 titled "Who Won?", from 1972, you can see my friends '69 Road Runner street racing a few times...he was the original owner, and kept it until he died 5 years ago....it was too much of a burden for his wife to take care of, so she sold it.

Hey - cool. Is this it?

20130927_205853.jpg

I have a friend who is huge into the history of the show. He would love that museum.

Greatest Highway Patrol car of all time? Ask Jay Leno.

[video=youtube;K0pjW8Ss0WI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=K0pjW8Ss0WI[/video]

Yes, that's my friends Road Runner, when they were setting up to race the GTO...he kept beating the GTO at the track, they told him to back off and let the GTO win....he was pissed.
Yeah - they need a '68 or '69 Belvedere in that fleet, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey - cool. Is this it?

View attachment 142705

I got a ride in a NC Highway Patrol '78 Plymouth Fury.
About a month after I got my '70 Barracuda on the road.

My dad enjoyed three police cruisers in his life-time:

1. 1966 Chrysler New Yorker 6 window sedan (New Jersey Turnpike Authority supervisor's vehicle)
2. 1971 Plymouth Fury I 4-door sedan (Outagamie Sheriff)
3. 1975 Plymouth Gran Fury 4-door sedan (Outagamie County Sheriff)

They were all fitted with the standard 440 V-8 and were plenty fast for their day. I even got to drive them occasionally as a young adult and they got the big thumbs up from me. They don't make cars like that anymore, more's the pity.

1971-fury-squad.jpg1975 Plymouth Gran Fury 3.jpg

I'd roll in that 71 Fury, cool old ride, with a 440ci

some decent old cop cars, I've never been a big 4 dr fan thou... I like seeing them in photos, allot better than in my rearview mirror...

Funny thing is that SPD still uses that '70 Sat from time to time. Not daily to be sure but I've seen it on patrol here in the Downtown Seattle area.

Good looking cop car

1970 Dodge Coronet.JPG

We didn't have any 1970 Dodge Coronet prowl cars in my town in the days of my youth. The city cops seemed to prefer the 1970 Plymouth instead although the Dodge was better looking in my view. This still came from the original "Gone in 60 Seconds" I think. How I would have enjoyed playing with all the retired California squad cars that H.B. Hallecki purchased for that movie.:headbang::love4:

Auto Transport Service
Back