• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A few pics from the Nats

Bill Monk

Local time
11:03 PM
Reaction score
Good show this year with near perfect weather on Saturday

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG 9.JPG 10.JPG

There were a lot of great cars there and as usual, the track was busy all day. One thing I noticed was the absence of Super Birds and Daytonas. Maybe there was more there and I just missed them but I only saw one Super Bird and no Daytonas. I usually see at least 6 or 8, curious.

There were a lot of great cars there and as usual, the track was busy all day. One thing I noticed was the absence of Super Birds and Daytonas. Maybe there was more there and I just missed them but I only saw one Super Bird and no Daytonas. I usually see at least 6 or 8, curious.

They are doing that 50 year reunion in Alabama at Talledega this year for the wing cars. Maybe some of the normal cars that attend opted for that this year instead? Just a thought.
:thumbsup:

Did you see the superbird parked in the general parking lot ? I couldn't believe someone would leave a car like that there !

Did you see the superbird parked in the general parking lot ? I couldn't believe someone would leave a car like that there !
i forgot about that one. Yes I did! and I agree, there have been cars stolen at the Nats before, no way I would take a chance like that

I got trapped in the tower for about three hours. I’m in a power wheel chair and I took the elevator up but when I tried to leave, the elevator wouldn’t work. I had to wait for the track owner to get an elevator repairman to the track and fix it.

I got trapped in the tower for about three hours. I’m in a power wheel chair and I took the elevator up but when I tried to leave, the elevator wouldn’t work. I had to wait for the track owner to get an elevator repairman to the track and fix it.
Well that sucks

Nice pics! Weather looks perfect, hope you enjoyed the show.

The only Superbird I saw was the barn find, and a red Charger 500.

cool shots guys :thumbsup:
thanks for taking the time & sharing

Thanks for sharing. That Tuxedo Black '66 Belvy II looked ready to compete with the Formal Chryslers!! Nice car.

**EDIT** Actually I like the black Fury and the Chrysler too! I wish my herd was in the condition of any of these cars shown actually.

Last edited:
This was my first time back to the Nats since 1993. The show is definitely smaller, fewer cars with modern mopars making up about half the show and not many rare cars. I didn’t see a single Hemi Barracuda or Dart, only one real A12 car, no real max wedge cars and not a single altered wheelbase car. and Brice rd is now a complete dud. What happened to my Nats?!?

Auto Transport Service
Back