• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A gift from my son...

QuickBpBp

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:32 AM
Reaction score
Just wanted to share what my son built for me and my wife. A giant wood shed 14x8. He built it at nights from 6-8:30 after working 10.5-11hrs at his job and a few weekends in between snow and rain. The nights he would burn his cut-offs so he could warm his hands up. Started it Thanksgiving and he finished it Christmas day in the snow showers. He is a carpenter by trade. It's built to the grade of the land. Almost all of it was reclaimed from jobs he worked on. I had to buy very little. Even the 6x6 were used for a few weeks as temporary supports then thrown away. Boss was happy my son took all 16 of them cause he said we have to pay per pound to get rid of them. That was over $1,000 for them. It is crazy how wasteful job sites become. Anyway the siding is old horse fence boards he planed and the batons are those boards ripped in 1/2 then cut so the were not bulky looking. Rafters were old floor joists from a demo job where they put an addition on. The back wall is galvanized roof from a barn they refinished. I felt we didn't need wood back there and it's the backside and covered in trees(damp). Not bad for a 20 year old. Very proud of him and his knowledge and work ethic..

Our furry kid even had fun with moving the wood into it. All those scents as to what could have been under those tarps!

DSCN1578.JPG DSCN1579.JPG DSCN1580.JPG DSCN1581.JPG DSCN1582.JPG DSCN1533.JPG DSCN1534.JPG DSCN1588.JPG DSCN1591.JPG DSCN1592.JPG

Last edited:
That's great for two reasons One your son was raised right and looks out for family. Two he has skill that no one can take away and people will always need. Congrats on a great person

Last edited:
That is Gorgeous!
Holy cow QuickBpBp....

That shed is truly wonderful
Wish I had it in my yard

Congratulations, you must be very proud of him!
Well deserved too!

:thumbsup:

Talented young man! You can see the pride in his workmanship

So I gotta ask, What's the matter with him, He got something against video games?
Nice job! He has hidden talents. (Evidently you did a nice job too)

thats what family is supposed to be about,great job and awesome boy you have there.:thumbsup:

Your son does some very impressive work ! I love the way he cut the rafter ends at the open end, very classy ! That is quite a gift !

Just wanted to share what my son built for me and my wife. A giant wood shed 14x8. He built it at nights from 6-8:30 after working 10.5-11hrs at his job and a few weekends in between snow and rain. The nights he would burn his cut-offs so he could warm his hands up. Started it Thanksgiving and he finished it Christmas day in the snow showers. He is a carpenter by trade. It's built to the grade of the land. Almost all of it was reclaimed from jobs he worked on. I had to buy very little. Even the 6x6 were used for a few weeks as temporary supports then thrown away. Boss was happy my son took all 16 of them cause he said we have to pay per pound to get rid of them. That was over $1,000 for them. It is crazy how wasteful job sites become. Anyway the siding is old horse fence boards he planed and the batons are those boards ripped in 1/2 then cut so the were not bulky looking. Rafters were old floor joists from a demo job where they put an addition on. The back wall is galvanized roof from a barn they refinished. I felt we didn't need wood back there are it's the backside and covered in trees(damp). Not bad for a 20 year old. Very proud of him and his knowledge and work ethic..

Our furry kid even had fun with moving the wood into it. All those scents as to what could have been under those tarps!

View attachment 1052786 View attachment 1052787 View attachment 1052788 View attachment 1052789 View attachment 1052790 View attachment 1052791 View attachment 1052792 View attachment 1052793 View attachment 1052794 View attachment 1052795
very nice ,thats a very good son you have

So I gotta ask, What's the matter with him, He got something against video games?
Nice job! He has hidden talents. (Evidently you did a nice job too)
The video games are my younger son...STILL working on him.. My oldest when not working spends his time learning and researching how to build things and what to use and why... My wife and I ran into his project manager in the fall at a restaurant, introduced himself and he told us how happy they are to take a chance on such a young kid that he was what they have been looking for for so many years.. Now he just had a company meeting on Friday and the boss pulled him aside and told him they are thinking about moving him-up as a foreman in the near future as thier business is expanding.. On some of thier projects they are giving him the paperwork. So he actually now is building from some of the blue prints on his own where before someone was telling him what to do... It is a very nice feeling to see your kids succeed. On another note you should see what this kid can draw... I can barely draw a stick figure..

Auto Transport Service
Back