• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Great Day Here

terrywalker

Local time
2:47 PM
Reaction score
We had a great day at my house for a Monday. I got my Challenger out of the shop for the first time in almost 3 years and took it for a drive. My 74 Charger is nearly complete and has not been out of the shop since 2007. Some friends from the local Mopar club came over and we installed my 4 post lift. There are great people out there. Here's a couple of photos.
Terry W.

Challenger and Charger 2022 No. 1.jpg

Challenger and Charger No. 2.jpg

Looking to add a 4-post soon to gain some more floor space. What did you wind up getting?

It's a Direct Lift 8000. A friend in the local Mopar club passed away recently. He told his wife to go ahead and sell the 2 lifts and I got one for half the cost of new. He was a great Mopar guy and will be missed a whole bunch. When he came over or I went to his place, we'd talk cars for an hour. A group of us from the club went over to his place a week before he passed away and finished putting together his final project, a 67 Cuda, and he got to see it. He was a great guy and his wife is a sweetheart. He will be missed.
Terry W.

It's a Direct Lift 8000. A friend in the local Mopar club passed away recently. He told his wife to go ahead and sell the 2 lifts and I got one for half the cost of new. He was a great Mopar guy and will be missed a whole bunch. When he came over or I went to his place, we'd talk cars for an hour. A group of us from the club went over to his place a week before he passed away and finished putting together his final project, a 67 Cuda, and he got to see it. He was a great guy and his wife is a sweetheart. He will be missed.
Terry W.
Although it's a bit of a sad ending in part, how cool you not only have solid memories with this fella but also a physical piece of his history. AND got to be part of making his last moments on earth pretty awesome. Sounds like a great guy surrounded by great family and people. Your story, although brief, speaks volumes...
- Nick

We had a great day at my house for a Monday. I got my Challenger out of the shop for the first time in almost 3 years and took it for a drive. My 74 Charger is nearly complete and has not been out of the shop since 2007. Some friends from the local Mopar club came over and we installed my 4 post lift. There are great people out there. Here's a couple of photos.
Terry W.
Dang, man - where ya been?

I worked out in Kennewick for about a month or two in the early 2000's about the same time of year as now.
Really enjoyed it there it had a great "feel" like it was 20 years earlier.
Can't really explain it but the Columbia River was pretty awesome.
:thumbsup:

Great day for sure. Nice Mopars. I installed a hoist in my garage also. Ran out of room. Needed to start stacking Mopars.

20210320_161540.jpg

20210320_161519.jpg

I just had to add this. I agreed to give the Charger to my grandson when he turns 21 if he meets good grades in school, gets the Eagle rank in scouts, etc. He got his Eagle rank at 14. He's keeping good grades in school. Last night, we took the Charger out on the shakedown drive with him driving. He really enjoyed it but after driving a Toyota Camry for so long, he had to adjust to driving a much larger car. He did alright. I let him drive the Charger to school today. We'll see how it goes.
Terry W.

Nice rides, cool story & a lift for 1/2 price
win win win

I just had to add this. I agreed to give the Charger to my grandson when he turns 21 if he meets good grades in school, gets the Eagle rank in scouts, etc. He got his Eagle rank at 14. He's keeping good grades in school. Last night, we took the Charger out on the shakedown drive with him driving. He really enjoyed it but after driving a Toyota Camry for so long, he had to adjust to driving a much larger car. He did alright. I let him drive the Charger to school today. We'll see how it goes.
Terry W.
Great thing to do for both of you. The legacy will live on. But you have to clarify how old is he now - and til you have to cough it up. I would have liked to do something like that in my family but no kids and no one particularly interested in that rock star of a car - 68 X - couldn't be a better car from front to back. Instead I sold It to a very good life long friend for a pittance who will gift it to his son when the time comes. His son is 35ish. He's 65ish.

He turns 17 years old tomorrow. He's the only grandchild that lives within 600 miles of us. He likes helping us and visits us nearly every day. Maybe it's the ice cream we always have here and he eats. I'll be starting on getting another 72 Challenger together to get it on the road soon. He told me he wants to do it with my guidance. I have a feeling that if he sees it through to completion, he'll want to trade me the 74 Charger for the Challenger which he wants to change into a 70 Challenger look-a-like with a 4 speed..
Terry W.

Auto Transport Service
Back