A little before & after pics.

1962 - 1965 Mopars

1. 383man

383man Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    5:06 PM
    The other week I found some sort of grease on my front Torque Thrust wheels. And no matter what I tried I could not get it to clean off. So I found that the Cast Blast Steel paint I had was pretty close to the color on my Torque Thrust but it did look a bit more like steel bare metal. Well I painted my front Torque Thrust with the Cast Blast Steel paint to get them clean and figured I see how I like them. Myself I like them a lot as you can see in the pics it has less gray in them but I am happy with them. The bottom pic is after I painted them. Ron

362705709.jpg

414052260.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • JB400

JB400 69 Charger FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
      Not sure how long it will last being painted over grease, but the finish looks good.

• 1967coronet440

1967coronet440 FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
      Ron, I chased a “grease” stain on my left rear wheel for a long time. Finally figured out it was tire shine that would run off the tire when it would occasionally rub the inner fender. It drove me crazy!

• 383man

383man Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      Well I could not get it off with brake cleaner but it was taking the original paint off. And it looked like grease but not sure what it was. I don't think it will give any problem of causing the paint I put on the wheels of coming off. Ron

• 65-440

65-440 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      8:06 PM
      That's the only thing I don't like about torque thrust wheels, the spokes are hard to keep clean. I've had really good luck with surf city garage wheel cleaner. 2 years now And they still look "new" !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.