• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little mystery, Where else to look?

Under Pressure

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:02 PM
Reaction score
DBCCB7AF-8398-45A6-A474-A75F1FB0150D.jpeg
Took the 70GTX out last weekend, drove with all windows open on the X-way, parked in garage and next morning I found this little piece of build sheet on the floor by the high beam switch.
I put it next to the cars original sheet and it’s not a missing piece, and the number digits I can read match mine.
I pulled out the rear seat and no luck finding to rest of it, any ideas where else to look? (Lynch rd car)

under carpet

second for under front seat

up under your dash rolled up or laying on top of your glovebox insert?
front seat underneath??
Ok just took flashlight and looked under both front seats, nothing there but nasty jute and crappy foam, gonna check on pulling the glove box, then try carpet
Thanks, keep you posted

Take the car out for another windows open ride and see what else shows up:) It might have been taped to the glove box liner under the dash.

Nothing under dash or glovebox, and lifted shifter console top, nothing.
Peeled back carpet by toe kick area
Maybe that small piece was all there was

Check the top side of the steering column while you're under the dash.

Tried on top the column, think I’ll pull the seats in the morning, I see the front and rear carpet is overlapped under the seats
Kinda a mission now for my daughter and I
Thanks all

inside the seat backs on back side of the buckets ?

I think that was latter like 71-72

all mine have been on either the back seat top
or the back seat bottom
both under the springs, between the foam & springs
randomly placed

I don't remember the 70's build sheets location

dadsbee probably has the answer. Did you drive with the vents open also? Mice like to tear these kinds of things up and make nests out of them, a lot of times those nests end up in the heater box, vent ducts, etc. Possibly blew out of the vent while you were driving or maybe the nest is built somewhere higher up in the dash. Just a thought.

Auto Transport Service
Back