• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little "stump pulling music" please...

YY1

Local time
7:49 AM
Reaction score
Irma tried to take my car dolly with her when she passed through.

It was chained to these two trees, and acted as a sail, to partially uproot them.

Yesterday I figured I'd finish the job.

What a PAIN!

I had to pull the stump about 2 inches at a time, then get underneath it and chainsaw the roots.

Must have been 3 dozen of them in the 1.5" to 8" size range.

IMG_20180211_161223.jpg
IMG_20180211_161237.jpg
IMG_20180211_161532.jpg

I keep em tied on the rope and just drag them to the side of the road. Alot easier than pickin the bastards up.
Got another 5 to do next weekend, the work never ends...

selfie Truck.jpg

I pulled some 20 year old box woods out of my planter area. With an engine hoist.. First 5 went well. Last one not so much.It was done as a bet.. My neighbor says you cant pull them out with a hoist..
IMG_0707.JPG

not to critique, but, you shouldn't pull stumps with a chain. something lets loose, its a missile.
a rope or a strap is a better choice.
dont want to read about you getting hurt.

To much work pulling stumps. I paid a hundred bucks to have a two and a half foot around Mayple tree trunk (I took the limbs down) taken down and stump ground out. This guy took the diseased six-foot high trunk, as well as the wood chips. Look at the want adds or Craig's List in your area, to find these small tree companies they do the work cheap.

To much work pulling stumps. I paid a hundred bucks to have a two and a half foot around Mayple tree trunk (I took the limbs down) taken down and stump ground out. This guy took the diseased six-foot high trunk, as well as the wood chips. Look at the want adds or Craig's List in your area, to find these small tree companies they do the work cheap.
You dont know what you're missing. Definitely not hard work if you take your time.
Once you learn this, no stump will be off limits.

place some bricks around the stump and light on fire..

...but now I can say me and my truck have actually, literally, pulled a stump!

You dont know what you're missing. Definitely not hard work if you take your time.
Once you learn this, no stump will be off limits.

Been there done that years ago. Now at my age and being retired I more important things to do like annoying people with my posts.

Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back