• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Most Shocking Question(s)

Baller

Local time
6:07 AM
Reaction score
A few questions if I may. The guy before me had air shocks on the '70 GTX. One of the upper bolts securing the shock is new and incorrect. The other looks to be original. Is the one pictured correct for my car? If it is, where do i get another? Next, the FSM shows a washer between the lower hanger and inside of the shock. What is that supposed to look like? Lastly, anyone know where I can get the proper convex washer for the lower shock mount?

20191231_173139.jpg

20191231_173839.jpg

I'd also like to thank all the people on this forum for helping out with many of the mundane questions that get posted here. I find myself coming here way more often than Moparts. Happy New Year all.

IMO...
The nut shown in the pix is called a cone lock nut, which has the threads deformed to prevent it ftom loosening due to vibration. Usually they are single use only, once rrmoved, they loose their holding ability. The cap screw shown is a high tensile strength fastener indicated b the three hash stripes on the hex. Three marks usually indicates 150,000 # tensile strength. The washer you inquired about prevents the rubber bushing from cold flow (distorting) when being installed.
Just my opinion of course.
BOB RENTON

Doh, didn't even think about ebay. Thanks guys.

I'm thinking the grade b automation locknut above should have a spec of 3 installs/removals meeting the desired torque spec. A grade c on a grade 8 bolt is 5 installs/removals.

Auto Transport Service
Back