• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Piggy Back to the AV GAS Post...

cr8crshr

Local time
7:18 AM
Reaction score
This past week I picked some of this stuff up from Summit Racing. It is supposed to help prevent corrosion of the Aluminum parts now in use in our rides. It is by Joe Gibbs Racing and is an additive to supplement the fuel upon fill up and reduce the effects of Ethanol and its corrosive effects. Got the tip out of the latest Mopar Muscle Mag...

http://www.summitracing.com/nv/parts/jgr-70040/overview/

I'd sure like to find something that alters the vapor pressure of the gas. In the 80's I had no issues with hot starting but these days you'd darn near wear out a starter after a short stop at the store.

I use Lucas ethanol-fighter. Hard to say if its doing any good or not, but it only adds about 4 bucks to the price of a fillup. Way cheaper than filling up every week with non ethanol 92... stuffs too expensive for a daily driver.

Auto Transport Service
Back