• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND A-pillar moldings for 68 Coronet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hilljack68

Local time
12:47 PM
Reaction score
Looking for both left and right moldings in black. No cracks or broken ears.

Well, I thought I'd found a good set, but not everybody on Ebay is as conscientious as they ought to be. So the search is on again.

Dirty or broken that you got? Seen my build thread?.. you can clean them up with Easy Off and Wipe New.

The reproductions are not made correctly and hence do not fit well at all. Keep searching for originals if you going for an OEM look.

Just my 2 cents.

D

I have a great pair but missing the tabs at the top, $70 shipped

Dirty or broken that you got?
Well, the ad stated they were "in excellent condition". Turns out two of the ears (tabs) had been broken off at some point, and they glued them back on. Heck, the one ear was broken into two pieces!!
I sent them pictures of those areas, and a return of funds is in process.

The reproductions are not made correctly and hence do not fit well at all. Keep searching for originals if you going for an OEM look.
Yeah, I'm not even looking at repops; I've heard too many complaints about them. Sticking with originals.

Well, the ad stated they were "in excellent condition". Turns out two of the ears (tabs) had been broken off at some point, and they glued them back on. Heck, the one ear was broken into two pieces!!
I sent them pictures of those areas, and a return of funds is in process.
One of mine has the ear broken off the roof rail side. If I hadn't have just disclosed that.. nobody would know as the interior roof rail trim covers it right onto the A pillar trim and you can't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back