• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Problem With One Of The Replacement Spindles With The Right Stuff Spindle Recall

soundhd

Local time
2:00 PM
Reaction score
Finally got my replacement front end disc kit spindles from Right Stuff. The passenger side went on fine but when I tried to install the driver's side one of the two large lower bolt mounting holes was off by 1/16 inch. Could not get the bolt on....called Right Stuff told them what the problem was, asked if anyone else has had this problem....after a short pause said he was aware of any other complaints, said he would pull one off the shelf, check the it to make sure is correct and send it off to me....will see what happens when it arrives. Thought I would pass this on.

SUX! At least (it appears) that they are working with you on this.

I am getting my replacement spindles TOMORROW for my 70 Roadrunner. Didn't have any problems with the first ones, hope NOT to have a problem with the replacements. Also, had a problem from the start with the round black plastic caps on the black plastic master cylinder, (kept the manual brakes) but Cass (Dr. Diff) sent me a pair of replacement caps with thicker gaskets, hope that solves the problem. Thanks, Cass!

Here's a list of recalls and issues I've had on my 71 Charger with their disk brake conversion as well as the front end kit.

1 - Spindle recall - New spindles fit fine, however, I did run into an issue where the castellated nut for the bearings threaded on past the hole for the cotter pin. Using the original castellated retainer over the nut solved this

2 - ball joint recall - I purchased ball joints locally. I shipped back the bad ones and they are issuing me a credit ($50 ea)

3 - brake hoses - the brake hoses didn't fit with the calipers mounted rearward. Support told me that hoses for a 69 Camaro would work. Sourced them locally and sent the originals back for a credit.

4 - brake booster check valve - the booster check valve was no good, plugged solid. Bought a new one for $5 locally

5 - tie rod sleeves - the clamps on the ends are too big and stripped out before they could be tightened enough to stop them from turning. I cleaned, painted and reused my old ones.

I will say that their support and customer service are top notch and they helped me through every issue I called them about.

Auto Transport Service
Back