• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Shout Out to Smith Bros.

khryslerkid

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:57 PM
Reaction score
Talked to Pierre at Smith Brothers Push Rods on Monday at 2:30 pm about ordering the pushrods that I need. I had already bought a checking rod from Summit and I needed a 8.90 effective lenth.
When I told him the info on what I needed he replied with, "working on a Big Block Mopar?" Lol
Well, I received them today at 1:00 pm and what a sweet looking piece! I have to admit, I'm as happy as a puppy with two peter's!
A ton of thanks going out to this business for outstanding work and customer service!

20160526_134933.jpg

20160526_134646.jpg

20160526_134720.jpg

Preload set @ .060 Everything looks right on!

20160526_140439.jpg

Spending the $30 for a checking rod is a must! I even used this one for checking "full open" specs.

20160526_135243.jpg

20160526_135305.jpg
20160526_135546.jpg

I was concerned after reading that there might be two different radius on push rod balls, what exactly do I have? Also, with these lifters, they are hard to tell if they are made for 5/16 or 3/8.
So a little grease and the proof is in the pudding! Some machinist dye or magic marker would probably work too. Moving on!

I've used them for years, great tech. & great product, in a timely fashion too
they make just about any pushrod for any reason or engine build types...

I use them in one of my 605 hemis.
Smith Bros. has great customer service.
They got mine out the same day.

I used there pushrods in my Last two motors. Just top notch product and customer service, which is a lost art in my opinion. I ordered two extra with each set. One set for a low deck and one tall deck.

Ive used them in everything that ive built. Great customer service and products. They really know what they're doing.

I used there pushrods in my Last two motors. Just top notch product and customer service, which is a lost art in my opinion. I ordered two extra with each set. One set for a low deck and one tall deck.

Yes, I ordered a few spares as well.

My brother always uses them. Myself I got mine from Manton which are a first class piece also. Glad you are happy with them. Ron

Smith Bros. is great, I wouldn't go anywhere else. I have the benefit of driving past their facility on my way to work everyday. Pierre is a friend of mine, has real world product knowledge and is a Mopar guy.

World-class mopar parts. I only use their stuff.

I use their products too. Have any of y'all made up a set yourselves? It's not too hard. Only bent one on my first attempt.....

Their stuff is really nice and the customer service is top notch as well

Pushrods are always the last parts I order, and Smith Bros has never let me down in delivering exactly what was ordered, usually in a matter of a day or two tops. Overnight when I needed them.

I agree! They do a great job and customer service is second to none!

Auto Transport Service
Back