• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A used Chevy Volt?

I rent luxury cars for long hauls and keep my fully depreciated high mileage daily drivers on the road for commutes.

I do the same. Why put 3,000+ miles on my car when I can rent a new (or near new) MiniVan (Family Trip) got a few $$$

For the Electrics and Hybrids, they have their place and are getting better quality. They are not as "environmental" as most of the users think they are.
I am not sure how the states are going to add road taxes to electric cars? Current the tax is part of the cost of fuel, but with less petrol vehicles, and more electrics they will have to make up the difference someplace. Will there be an extra fee to renew the license plates?

At the higher altitude around here in Denver, the electric vehicles make some sense because they don't loose power due to altitude.

I put my $100 in to reserve a CyberTruck. If they actually have a 500 mile range and can rip a 10-second 1/4 mile, and drive itself, that would be pretty cool.
With a truck bed, could throw a generator back there if needed ;)

if the batteries go bad you could alway do a ls swap :lol:

We are already going to save @160 a month, about half the payment. I like buying with cash but were saving it for house upgrades. So it's a wash, instead of gas being burned in the end there's a car. The prices on these were going up in the 2 weeks we were looking, also saw on Car and Driver Chev is offering 0% on em if they're CPO. I called the dealer and GM financial and got no response.
Hate chevy but I hope it works out

Whats an ls?
Chevy lingo for 350?
I'd rather shoehorn a 408 lol

Our 2009 Charger SXT 3.5, is getting long in the tooth. 160,000 miles now, it is our work horse car. Been a good car, comfortable, still decent on gas at around 18 to 22 MPG. But it is time to move on.

We have other DD vehicles besides the Charger. We are retired and our trips are mostly short and in town now. We take many 700 mile round trips a year to California to see the Grand baby. Any of our vehicles can do this trip. We usually take the Charger as it gets the best mileage. Not so confident in it for long trips anymore.

I have gotten the idea lately to get a Hybrid. It makes sense to use electric power for our daily trips to the store, out to eat, etc. Shopping the used Hybrid vehicle market the Chevy Volt comes up as one of the better used Hybrids to buy. They have depreciated badly, yet get good reports for reliability and battery life. Hmm?

Good idea? Or not?
I am definitely no expert in EVs, but I seem to remember reading a lot of bad press on the Volt.

The bad press was cost. They lost money on every one. Reliability is very good, no way I'd ever purchase a chevy but I was impressed after researching. Saw some with close to 500k.
But again, no way I'd have an import in my driveway, and didn't want Tesla prices.

Auto Transport Service
Back