• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A victim of a drunk drive has passed

Man, that is sad. She never even got a chance at a normal life. It is true, it just takes the blink of an eye for everything to change.

Had a girl in school that drove a Geo Tracker. She was hit head on by a drunk. She survived, but don't know how. The front wheels were almost smashed to the back wheels. She has a really good guardian angel

Yeah. And when you mix alcohol with the power of today's factory cars? The first thing drinking effects is decision making. So I hope all has a safe and smart summer season.

Senseless. Lost a couple pals in high school. Today? Just take Uber. No reason for this.

The local news says the drunk drinking arrests have really gone up. I hope it's because they are being caught and not because more drunks are getting out on the roads.

What a terrible thing to live through. I can't imagine what she must have endured in the rest of her life. God speed

Very sad, a waste and very tragic. We still have that to contend with on the roads and. Ow it’s combined with distracted driving via texting, talking on the phone. That’s getting nothing but worse no matter the laws they pass. RIP

They just did a mock drunk driving accident scenario/demo at the local high school.
My wife told me one parent complained that it was too upsetting/realistic for the kids.
I say the more graphic the better, I did some really stupid/dangerous stuff when I was younger.
I'm very fortunate I never got into any big trouble. I easily could have.

They just did a mock drunk driving accident scenario/demo at the local high school.
My wife told me one parent complained that it was too upsetting/realistic for the kids.
I say the more graphic the better, I did some really stupid/dangerous stuff when I was younger.
I'm very fortunate I never got into any big trouble. I easily could have.

AGREED. When I was in high school in the eighties our drivers ed teacher brought in highway patrol evidence pictures from drunk driving accidents.
Very graphic. Decapitations, etc. Those mental images are with me to this day. Drunk driving is really, really stupid and completely avoidable.

The drunk drivers don't bother me as much as everyone on the damn phones. The drunks are usually out later at night when I am home anyway, but all are unexcusable.

The local news says the drunk drinking arrests have really gone up. I hope it's because they are being caught and not because more drunks are getting out on the roads.
It is not. They just change what is "drunk." In a few years a 7 oz. beer will make you over the limit. Sadly that is the case. .02, .05, .06, whatever they say "drunk" is, will be the number. The countless tragedies, well that is just the excuse, makes them look Angelic. I only wish they cared about the victims as about the revenue. Every DUI brings a minimum of $12K of revenue to the pool.

It is not. They just change what is "drunk." In a few years a 7 oz. beer will make you over the limit. Sadly that is the case. .02, .05, .06, whatever they say "drunk" is, will be the number. The countless tragedies, well that is just the excuse, makes them look Angelic. I only wish they cared about the victims as about the revenue. Every DUI brings a minimum of $12K of revenue to the pool.
If I can detect a strong smell of alcohol on your breath, you've drank too much.
When I'm out to dinner with my wife, or at a social event one glass of wine with dinner. No dinner no dessert and coffee, no wine.
Anymore than that im not driving, I dont social drink, never saw the need to, so I dont have to worry.
Have things gotten to strict? Maybe but it doesn't affect me for the above stated reasons and its my family I have to be concerned about, yours also.

I think you misunderstood me, Steve. Not defending the accident causing perp at all. My point was the govt stumbled across a cash cow. They don't care squat about the victims, except at election time. Some people, somewhere, study the metrics. They figure out what number most people will be just over when out drinking socially. Say .04. Then comes the new law - .03 is considered impaired. The public responds by having only 1 glass of wine. The new average BAC number is now .02. Guess what? next year .01 will be considered DUI. I don't care from that perspective, I don't drink and drive, I don't even go out New Years, dinner at church, home by eight and in bed probably by 10:30. There is piles of money in it from the legal system to the new goodies for the police. By the way this story is bad any way you look at it. Gorgeous girl, bright future, light sentence, families ruined.

I dont agree about the Government. Way to broad a statement. I think the District Attorney cares, the entire law enforcement family cares. I think our local elected officials care or they had better care. I dont know what happens next year or the year after. There are different limits as far as testing by police, that I know. The fact is people who like to drink and happen to be driving will always and have always pushed the envelope. Now the limit is so restrictive because of repeated drunk driving incidents.
Next time your at a wedding take notice whose been at the bar all night, drinking like a fish and watch who gets behind the wheel.
There the ones who screwed it up that you/me has to be cautious. Its gotten to the point at weddings I won't even touch the Champaign during the toast to the newly weds.
I can't depend on my wife to drive home so what's the point of even one drink.
You do have a point that the limits are very low.

Not to get into the weeds, but we have .04 for Commercial drivers here in LaLa. That includes if you are driving your personal vehicle. I have a Draft with a meal and will drive home. Feeling uneffected. I also carry my own breathalyzer. If having more than 1 during the course of a car gig, hot dogs etc I check to be sure before leaving. When testing it at home after 3-4 heavy screw drivers it still reads .03. Guess it pays to keep your tollerances up. At 200 I need pretty much volume to get whacked. Drinking buzzed is dumb. Everybody knows when they are buzzed. Uber and other alternatives are readily available. Most of the guys I hang with now are either on the wagon or taking too much medication to imbibe. No trouble finding someone to drive the R/T. Another sober car guy. I’ve done it on rare occassion. Vegas.

Not to get into the weeds, but we have .04 for Commercial drivers here in LaLa. That includes if you are driving your personal vehicle. I have a Draft with a meal and will drive home. Feeling uneffected. I also carry my own breathalyzer. If having more than 1 during the course of a car gig, hot dogs etc I check to be sure before leaving. When testing it at home after 3-4 heavy screw drivers it still reads .03. Guess it pays to keep your tollerances up. At 200 I need pretty much volume to get whacked. Drinking buzzed is dumb. Everybody knows when they are buzzed. Uber and other alternatives are readily available. Most of the guys I hang with now are either on the wagon or taking too much medication to imbibe. No trouble finding someone to drive the R/T. Another sober car guy. I’ve done it on rare occassion. Vegas.

I'm a sober car guy, Dennis! Call me when you've had a couple. I'll drive the R/T! :lol:

I'll be your personal driver for free if you got a place out back to sleep! :D

Auto Transport Service
Back